Mild-build Compounds

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My bad, I stand corrected...

Lol. I was gonna say that if HRT said it, then good luck proving him wrong. Thats one feller that I wouldn't argue about anything that has to do with a heui motor. Or prolly anything for that matter, besides his horribly bad taste in rotten farm tractors.

live life full throttle

Short Bus

Reaction score
My .02, building compounds for this hp goal is retarded. Just not a practical solution for you goals. S366 , mod h2e, h2e, s468 and be done with it. You wanting twins for 500 is just for bragging rights to say you have twins....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My .02, building compounds for this hp goal is retarded. Just not a practical solution for you goals. S366 , mod h2e, h2e, s468 and be done with it. You wanting twins for 500 is just for bragging rights to say you have twins....

Smoke free, as in a slight grey haze at worst and not billowing a plume of black soot, isnt worth bragging about?

live life full throttle

Short Bus

Reaction score
Smoke free, as in a slight grey haze at worst and not billowing a plume of black soot, isnt worth bragging about?

live life full throttle

I don't know who's tuning you run but with my 468, 250/200's and gear head tuning the only time I have more than a slight haze is at wot in the big tune.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't know who's tuning you run but with my 468, 250/200's and gear head tuning the only time I have more than a slight haze is at wot in the big tune.

I have a slight haze wot too. How bout from a dead stop and you mash the skinny pedel or roll into it at lock up? Or when someone else drives your truck and they smoke around or at every stop. We know our trucks enough that we can drive them with no smoke as it is. The dd tune on my dually is near 400hp and it barely hazes from a dead stop when I mash on it.

live life full throttle

Short Bus

Reaction score
I have a slight haze wot too. How bout from a dead stop and you mash the skinny pedel or roll into it at lock up? Or when someone else drives your truck and they smoke around or at every stop. We know our trucks enough that we can drive them with no smoke as it is. The dd tune on my dually is near 400hp and it barely hazes from a dead stop when I mash on it.

live life full throttle

It's drive able enough I can let my 80 yr old grandma drive it, mom, dad, wife etc. there is almost 0 smoke in any condition in any setting except the race tune. Even the race tune is easy to drive in, it has a little more low boost fueling but not bad. I'm telling you good tuning goes a long way! Matt has 250/200's figured out for sure.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's drive able enough I can let my 80 yr old grandma drive it, mom, dad, wife etc. there is almost 0 smoke in any condition in any setting except the race tune. Even the race tune is easy to drive in, it has a little more low boost fueling but not bad. I'm telling you good tuning goes a long way! Matt has 250/200's figured out for sure.

Exactly. All out race tune. Like I said I have other tunes that barely smoke and anyone could drive it. I can drive my truck in the hottest setting and it not smoke unless I make it but thats not the point. You dont have to tell me anything. Ive been around long enough to know that tuning is the key on 99% of our trucks.
I still dont see what it would hurt to do compounds for a 500hp dd. I would still do it if I didnt retire the dually. Again its one of those, to each his own things. Im pretty sure that I have never seen a 500hp single turbo charged 7.3 be smoke free as in less then a gray haze smoke free and not just at wot too.

live life full throttle

Short Bus

Reaction score
I've had twins on a 7.3 and there is absolutely no way I'd put them back on just for 500. If you break down on the side of the road that extra turbo, oil lines and pipes really complicates a road side repair.

I honestly don't know what I'd do for injectors ( maybe 200/200 hybrids?) but a 366, fuel system, big inter cooler, adrenaline hpop or similar and have Matt dyno and street tune it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've had twins on a 7.3 and there is absolutely no way I'd put them back on just for 500. If you break down on the side of the road that extra turbo, oil lines and pipes really complicates a road side repair.

Now that is a good point^^^

I honestly don't know what I'd do for injectors ( maybe 200/200 hybrids?) but a 366, fuel system, big inter cooler, adrenaline hpop or similar and have Matt dyno and street tune it.

live life full throttle

JonathanN

Reaction score
Lol push came to shove, you could take the LP outta the circuit and run just the HP... it'd be loud as hell but you'd get home. Single or no, you're still up a creek when the HP goes out. Unless running the OE equipment/setup, a single T4 will leave you the same way.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You could alway design your compound setup to be emergency proof. Make that.part of your design, tye ability to yank something and run it in a low hp tune for return to home purposes.

JonathanN

Reaction score
Keep the old 6637 filter and tube/hose assy. in the toolbox and hook it up to the HP, then just take the LP outta the circuit and dump out under the hood lol. Loud, but it'd work... oh, and carry a few JIC plugs and adapters for the oil plumbing. You'd be set... charge plumbing should remain unchanged.

Short Bus

Reaction score
You guys are about as bad as some of my employees. You try and use the most ****ed up complicated **** for a simple job. It's not like this guy is shooting for 1000 hp, off idle boost and a squeaky clean tail pipe. Oh well you guys can have your over complicated low hp rides and I will enjoy my nice, simple, built ride.

JonathanN

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wear thin, here... I didn't ask for your opinion on my idea, I asked for advice/suggestions on suitable hardware. Same goes to anybody else. If you have information to share, great, post up because I'm all ears. If you're just going to tell me how stupid you think this is, then don't post... pretty simple.

Short Bus

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wear thin, here... I didn't ask for your opinion on my idea, I asked for advice/suggestions on suitable hardware. Same goes to anybody else. If you have information to share, great, post up because I'm all ears. If you're just going to tell me how stupid you think this is, then don't post... pretty simple.

I am giving you my opinion on hardware as well as how practical it is. Let me spel dis oT 4 u..... I hav xperince wit dis kinda tang fo rel dog. I not no keybord kowboi interweb dizel xpurt. If you don't want to hear negative things about hair brained ideas then don't ask. I have lots of experience with many different setups and I shared my opinions, if you don't like it log out and don't come back.

JonathanN

Reaction score
That's still your opinion on what I'm doing... You just said yourself you have no experience with this. So instead of telling me how dumb you think this is, save your breath since you have nothing useful to input.

Short Bus

Reaction score
That's still your opinion on what I'm doing... You just said yourself you have no experience with this. So instead of telling me how dumb you think this is, save your breath since you have nothing useful to input.

Your right I have no experience with twins at 500 hp but nearly double that and while trying to daily drive it at that. I DO have experience with the pro's and cons of twins vs singles in a dd/ tow rig setup. There is only 1 person on this forum that could give you first hand 500 hp smoke free twin turboed info. That was in his Colorado emission passing tune with 400/400's in a 2wd race truck with a one off TT setup. Swamp injectors, his own tuning and god knows how many hours spent fine tuning everything. However I have not seen him post I sometime.

Latest posts

Members online