Mishimoto Radiator ?

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
anybody running a Mishimoto Radiator in an OBS ? if so, did it cool better than the stock
radiator, and if so how much ?

I'm considering getting one, but for 825.00 it's a lot of $$$ if it's not much better...

Opinions ??

thanks.

Skip

SPless

Reaction score
I cant remember his name but im almost positive there is a thread here of a guy that is running one with a review in it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

davey99ps

Reaction score
I think his screen name is Frank C, he's got a blue ex cab with 05 axles, pretty sure he did testing for that radiator

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
yup. it me... i cant tell you exact numbers as my gauge doesnt work the best in the world. but i can tell you after the install i have trouble keeping it up to temp in the 40-50* weather we have been having. i had to install my cold fronts ealry this year. it is a VERY nice rad, looks great and well contstructed.

IMHO (im not towing heavy very day in TX heat) its not worth the 900 bucks (mine was free), as the cooling system in the 7.3 id very good stock. but this rad paired with a 203* thermostat would do well i think. i plan on doing that.

ive been trying and pushing to gt them to do a intercoooler set up but they dont think there is a market and i proved it to them, but still no call. i feel there will be more market for the intercooler set up then the radiator.

i can get u some better pics on WED.
photobucket-34974-1356194719547.jpg

photobucket-66046-1356194734564.jpg

photobucket-34649-1356210764429.jpg

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
I was just curious as to how you thot it cooled....I tow with this truck, and have reached the limits of the cooling sysgtem....on a long hill, warm day with 21,000 lbs I run out of cooling before I run out of power, so I am thinking of getting a better radiator....Ron Davis Racing wants 1250 bux for a racing radiator, and this Mishi is less, so was thinking of getting one.

I am going to put the 6.0 fan on it first and see how that works....

fan first, if that's not enough, then the Mishi.

Thanks Frank, I DO appreciate the quick response man...

Thanks also to the rest of you guys, This helps me cogitate on it :D

Skip

Last edited:

bad12jr

Reaction score
I believe Travis. Strokintatsch is running one with a SD e fan setup.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I dont want to step on anyone's toes.... but call eric at innovative diesel and get a contact thru him. He is the one who set me up with this. Eric is a great guy to deal with and im sure vendor to vendor he can help ya out.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I was just curious as to how you thot it cooled....I tow with this truck, and have reached the limits of the cooling sysgtem....on a long hill, warm day with 21,000 lbs I run out of cooling before I run out of power, so I am thinking of getting a better radiator....Ron Davis Racing wants 1250 bux for a racing radiator, and this Mishi is less, so was thinking of getting one.

Thanks Frank, I DO appreciate the quick response man.../QUOTE]
No problem... if u tow heavy and often this thing would be awesome for ya. Even has all welded end caps and metal bungs so no chance for a water leak like the stock ones with plastic on them that can crack.
where are they made?
Mine was made in the usa.... i dont know where they are from once they are in production.
frank did you do an axle swap on that truck and if so did you do a write up?
I did and i have a bunch of pics in a thread, not really a write up tho.. let me get u a link.http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9303&highlight=axle+swap
I did speak to them about making an e-fan set up since no one produced one. They were gonna do a 4 small fan set up and the 2 fans didn't cover enough and one fan wouldn't cut it... made with a custom aluminum shroud to pull all the air properly, but no call back.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I am running the SD Mishimoto radiator with the SD Flex-a-lite fans. Works just fine, but I haven't towed 21k lbs with it. Most I've pulled was 14.5k and it stayed around 205*.. Not sure how it would do pulling 21k.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
Tasch, I was talking Gross weight, 21,00 lbs combined.....

Sounds like it would be a big help....I just run outta cooling system before i run
outta hill out here on the West Coast

Reaction score
Tasch, I was talking Gross weight, 21,00 lbs combined.....

Sounds like it would be a big help....I just run outta cooling system before i run
outta hill out here on the West Coast

Yeah, I haven't pulled 21k gross since installing this radiator and e-fans. The most I know I've pulled was $14.5 gross and there was no problem pulling that. Like I said, not sure how it would do adding in another 6500lbs with the e-fans. As far as the Mishimoto radiator goes, I'm really happy with it. Appears to be a pretty high quality piece and looks really nice.

Do you know how hot your actually getting? I don't remember seeing that. There's nothing saying that your radiator might be getting clogged. A friend of mine had that happen and it would run 230* pulling. Put a stock replacement radiator in it and it stays plenty cool now.

Last edited:

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Frank and Tatsch, thanks much for the kind words about our products.

Outlaw - our radiator was designed to hold up to the stress of towing large packages. I'm 100% confident that our product will perform up to your standards and I would love to hear the results if you decide to go with it!

ive been trying and pushing to gt them to do a intercoooler set up but they dont think there is a market and i proved it to them, but still no call. i feel there will be more market for the intercooler set up then the radiator.

We're very open to the Intercooler idea, we are knee deep in a few other projects at the moment but this is definitely on our list. So many projects, so little time :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Andrew Goodman
Mishimoto

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Well now we have an answer... welcome to the ARMY... and thanks for the experience with working with our group!

Im excited to hear about this intercooler! I hope to hear a call from Mr.Petty some day.

Latest posts

Members online