Miss the Exhaust brake..

Reaction score
Now that Eric Brooks has moved to HP Tuners they will end up being in close competition with SCT when it comes to Ford vehicles. I know he did a lot to get SCT off the ground and where it is at today along with Monty from JMS. Last time I talked to Eric he said they will have the Ford stuff out pretty soon and from a tuning stand point it will be better than what SCT is offering. HP Tuners software opens all tables up compared to SCT which only gives access to the basics to tune and if you need a certain table that is not accessible you have to ask them to get it open to the tuners. The datalogging that HP Tuners has is way better than what SCT is currently offering and should be configured to Ford also shortly.

I am sure the needed tables will be open to be able to tune the exhaust brake when it comes out. It will also be for the trucks strategy unlike SCT where you have to flash the computer back to an older strategy to load the delete tunes and is likely causing the exhaust brake problems.

I am not affiliated with HP Tuners, so I have no idea when they will be releasing the Super Duty stuff and what all will be supported. I do know tuning with it is a lot easier than the Advantage III though.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I have pip tunes and the exhaust brake comes on but it does not slow me down like it did stock, honestly I can't tell a difference when it's on or off so I just leave it off.

This^^^^ same **** with all the dpf off tunes i guess man. I have a 15 also and wish to slow down with out the service brakes....

Shogren65

Reaction score
Subscribing to this, also have a 15' with a couple companies tunes. Would love to have my exhaust brake to work, and was told that with PIP it only works on their tow tune. Still doesn't seem to work as well as stock.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Well that seals it for me then. I'll continue to wait, my exhaust brake is to important to not have/barely function.

Until that is remedied I'll continue to use my hwy tunes from innovative.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Losing the exhaust brake is currently the deal breaker for me. Pulling 20k lbs it is one of the best qualities of my 2015.

jcain

Reaction score
Awe come on guys, just settle for lackluster tuning. It'll be fine....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Awe come on guys, just settle for lackluster tuning. It'll be fine....

its not lackluster tuning. its the way it operates . not sure if it's something that can be remedied very easily. you dont have a 15' , it's a completely different ball game, and certainly very new. i think its been 7 months. you know where your tuning was 7 months in ? i'll give you a hint, rods were being spit out .

as of now IDP has a tow tune being built to maximize the brake, but what everyone needs to understand, at this point , when you TURN OFF the EGR function, you TURN OFF many of the functions the brake requires to work .

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I'll gladly keep a working egr if it means I can delete and have a working engine brake. It's hard to explain how well the exhaust brake works till you head down a big grade for five minutes towing 20k+

jcain

Reaction score
its not lackluster tuning. its the way it operates . not sure if it's something that can be remedied very easily. you dont have a 15' , it's a completely different ball game, and certainly very new. i think its been 7 months. you know where your tuning was 7 months in ? i'll give you a hint, rods were being spit out .

as of now IDP has a tow tune being built to maximize the brake, but what everyone needs to understand, at this point , when you TURN OFF the EGR function, you TURN OFF many of the functions the brake requires to work .

And the exact opposite of rod breaking torque is occurring now as well. Laggy, poor mpg and smoke.

It's clearly a tuning issue maybe even the SCT platform as a whole. But it's tiring to see day after day, one guy has tunes from company X and it runs like a scalded dog but lacks function A. And another guy has tunes from company Y and his truck won't hardly merdge on the freeway but function A works fine.

If SCT would stop the silly home-boy hand shake **** and let some other proven tuners into the game, MAYBE they would/could/should collaborate and make these customers some damn tunes that work because the few companies "allowed" to tune these trucks surely aren't helping each other by the looks of it. The customers are the ones on the losing end of this bull**** monopoly SCT has created on this "special" tuning

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
And the exact opposite of rod breaking torque is occurring now as well. Laggy, poor mpg and smoke.

It's clearly a tuning issue maybe even the SCT platform as a whole. But it's tiring to see day after day, one guy has tunes from company X and it runs like a scalded dog but lacks function A. And another guy has tunes from company Y and his truck won't hardly merdge on the freeway but function A works fine.

If SCT would stop the silly home-boy hand shake **** and let some other proven tuners into the game, MAYBE they would/could/should collaborate and make these customers some damn tunes that work. The customers are the ones on the losing end of this bull**** monopoly SCT has created on this "special" tuning

well we have proven tuners who have been tuning power strokes to the extreme long before you ever had one. i agree , having an open playing field can open up lots of avenues, minus one small ingredient . i dont have all your answers , i'm not tuning them , but like i said, i think you're missing the bigger point in regards to the brake itself. this is ALL NEW , and a work in progress! will it get better ? i say for sure. will it take time? i say for sure. are there things about these trucks and what makes the brake function work that neither you, i or anyone else know ? i say for sure. We have someone actively trying who has guaranteed tuned more power strokes than prolly the rest of the world combined giving it a shot, on the road, on the dyno, dpf on , dpf off. for now thats the best we got. and as for the hillbilly handshake thing .. im sure they all wish it was that easy, but maybe you know something others dont. theres a good chance in the future none of these options will be available for OBVIOUS reasons.

like was said before , the 11-14 is a COMPLETELY different animal. and comparing the tuning of spitting rods with one lightly fueled , tiny single sequential turbo that sucked donkey balls , to a substantially stronger fueled engine with a substantially bigger and laggier turbo is basically invalid. the tuning time that it took is what was compared, and its a matter of time to figure out what is and is not possible.

Reaction score
User define... It has nothing to with sct. I can buy the exact same stuff anyone else is using if I wanted to shell out the money and then take the time to learn how to make it work. Anyone can. Something that all the facebook hero mcc/efi live tuner would not have any idea about... Talking about oem level software to make some things happen. And most/all of the Internet tuning hero's do not have the collateral or knowledge to do it (Neither do I for that matter). So it is left to the few professionals who have actual companies and oem background. Ones that didn't start tuning on free software modifying free performance delete tunes already loaded into an h&s or efi system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad you feel it's ok for the customers to be guinea pigs during this completely (and obviously ) beta process. Sure doesn't seem like most of them were sold the tuning with that precursor. Hence the constant negative reviews

So this is about me and what i want ? have you even read what has transpired? customers who WANT to get off road tuning , have been WELL aware that they are buying what we believe is the best AVAILABLE at the time! they have created the demand. unless you have something better , your comment is completely irrelevent. im not the tuner , so what i feel is irrelevant as well , i want the customer to have the best products and the best tuning period. I guarantee 9 out of 10 are glad for what they got, the rest not so much. thanks for inferring such terrible things though, you definitely are off the christmas card list now ! LOL

other than the brake , the tuning has come so far since november , and anybody in the early stages have to understand there will be hiccups, and they have been given updates free of charge when any improvements have happened. hell, i have probably gotten updates for 100 or more customers that i didnt even sell the tunes to . damn these monopolies !

Latest posts