Mod plan for a '15. . .

Rule12b

Reaction score
I feel like I've read juuuust about every possible thread regarding engine modifications to the 6.7. Since the 2015 is slightly different, I wanted to throw out my set of circumstances to the board for opinions on how (or whether) to proceed. . .

Background. My F-350 dually is used to get around town occasionally but primarily used to pull a tandem flat bed race trailer with two cars on it for a total weight of about 15,000 lbs. My season is about to wrap up for the summer so I won't need to tow, or the truck, for a couple months and I'm toying with the idea (against my better judgment probably) of saying adios to the warranty and massaging a build. . .

It rides on a Carli Commuter kit, AF 20's running 35's. This truck will almost never see any legitimate off-roading other than a dirt road.

I would consider a turbo upgrade (spool, vgt) and I assume DPF and EGR deletes. Beyond that general notion, I really would welcome opinions. Keys for me are RELIABILITY with a reasonable power and performance bump. My cars are overbuilt for the power they make so that gives you a bit of an idea where my philosophy lies. My dd makes 650 at the wheels at 8/10ths. 8/10ths is what I want to run. I would also prefer NOT to smoke heavily. I actually like the fact that the truck runs remarkably clean. Some smoke, ok, but I am so not into rolling coal as they say.

If anyone wants to chime in with a build path, I'm all ears. I can't seem to figure one out for myself as this is all new territory.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
EGR & DPF deletes and a good tune will dramatically change the way it drives.
Stock fuel pump is only good to about 600, the tune will get you in the ballpark of 550 so is a high dollar turbo worth the 50 more hp to max out the stock pump? After that you're into LPFP's and dual fuelers to push it over 600. By then you're needing a trans built.
Long story short...how big do you want your snowball to get?

sootie

Reaction score
Morgan is deep 700s on fuel and over 1k on spray still utilizing stock lpfp fyi

Rule12b

Reaction score
EGR & DPF deletes and a good tune will dramatically change the way it drives.
Stock fuel pump is only good to about 600, the tune will get you in the ballpark of 550 so is a high dollar turbo worth the 50 more hp to max out the stock pump? After that you're into LPFP's and dual fuelers to push it over 600. By then you're needing a trans built.
Long story short...how big do you want your snowball to get?

550 at the wheels? Our 6.7's leave THAT much on the table from the factory? That would probably be enough snowball for me. . .Now I'm reading up on losing the trailer brake with the tune. . .

Jomax

Reaction score
550 at the wheels? Our 6.7's leave THAT much on the table from the factory? That would probably be enough snowball for me. . .Now I'm reading up on losing the trailer brake with the tune. . .

You loose trailer brakes?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I believe you only loose it of you go away from vgt.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rule12b

Reaction score
Mike at No Limit has me fixed up. He took the time to answer my jillion questions, walked through options, and ultimately got a package prepped to meet my needs, to an installer for Saturday install, at a phenomenal price. His excellent reputation is well-deserved. Between him and Josh at The Diesel Cartel, I think I may have died and gone to aftermarket heaven in terms of customer service.

Stage 2 intake.
Competition exhaust pipe (already have DPF-back exhaust)
SCTx4
CTS2 with EGT probe (this unit will also serve as my gauge cluster in the race car, so this was a great way to kill two birds with one stone)
EGR Delete with coolant bypass.

I'm looking forward to getting it into action this weekend.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike at No Limit has me fixed up. He took the time to answer my jillion questions, walked through options, and ultimately got a package prepped to meet my needs, to an installer for Saturday install, at a phenomenal price. His excellent reputation is well-deserved. Between him and Josh at The Diesel Cartel, I think I may have died and gone to aftermarket heaven in terms of customer service.

Stage 2 intake.
Competition exhaust pipe (already have DPF-back exhaust)
SCTx4
CTS2 with EGT probe (this unit will also serve as my gauge cluster in the race car, so this was a great way to kill two birds with one stone)
EGR Delete with coolant bypass.

I'm looking forward to getting it into action this weekend.

yeah buddy !!

Latest posts

Members online