Modded H2e???

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What exactly is modded on the modded H2e? I need to rebuild mine, and if the exhaust wheel is damaged I will need to replace it.

Is it just the compressor side that is modded?

Pretender

Reaction score
Yes. Depending on who's version your talking about. The standard is 62 or 64mm the modded is 66mm with a different cover. Most have 17cm housings some have 19cm housings

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yes. Depending on who's version your talking about. The standard is 62 or 64mm the modded is 66mm with a different cover. Most have 17cm housings some have 19cm housings

Thats why its in Beans vendor section... Its a Bean's modded H2e...

BDP Sales

Reaction score
What exactly is modded on the modded H2e? I need to rebuild mine, and if the exhaust wheel is damaged I will need to replace it.

Is it just the compressor side that is modded?

We install the larger (66mm) comp wheel, machine the comp housing for the larger wheel, and if it needs a rebuild we also rebuild it. If the turbine wheel, shaft, or center section are damaged beyond repair, it is an additional cost to repair the necessary parts.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've loved mine...

I called Pius about rebuilding it, and while I love talking to him, he more or less told me to throw it in the trash...

I have nothing but good things to say about this turbo, its been tough as nails.

Can you guys shoot me a cost to rebuild it, I dont see any damage to the exhaust wheel as of now.

Thanks!

BDP Sales

Reaction score
I've loved mine...

I called Pius about rebuilding it, and while I love talking to him, he more or less told me to throw it in the trash...

I have nothing but good things to say about this turbo, its been tough as nails.

Can you guys shoot me a cost to rebuild it, I dont see any damage to the exhaust wheel as of now.

Thanks!
It really just depends on what it needs, and we would need to have the turbo in our hands to give you an accurate price assessment.
But, just to give you an idea, i had a customer send in an H2E this week that he has had on his truck since like 2001 or something like that. Anyways, when we received it the thrust had so much play it was wallering out the bore of the center cartridge and had made contact with the 2 retaining clips. His bill ended up being an extra $280 over the cost of the upgrade and simple rebuild kit.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
It really just depends on what it needs, and we would need to have the turbo in our hands to give you an accurate price assessment.
But, just to give you an idea, i had a customer send in an H2E this week that he has had on his truck since like 2001 or something like that. Anyways, when we received it the thrust had so much play it was wallering out the bore of the center cartridge and had made contact with the 2 retaining clips. His bill ended up being an extra $280 over the cost of the upgrade and simple rebuild kit.

Thanks for the info... I asked this to be moved so I would not muck up your area at all with my questions!

Here is a picture of the exhaust wheel before I cleaned it...

269474_118801571628253_3990615_n.jpg

And after I cleaned it (all I have in my job trailer to clean is bleach hand wipes... Kind of a germaphobe...LOL)...

269227_118801598294917_620127537_n.jpg

Looks like its just oil or something coaked on it... Once I removed the housing it is spinning free just fine, no play nothing.

406150_118801628294914_958697074_n.jpg

Here is a shot inside the exhaust housing...

BDP Sales

Reaction score
Are those grooves in the turbine housing in the metal from the wheel, or is it just coked up? The turbine wheel, after you cleaned it up, doesn't look bad at all from that one picture.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its just all coked up. No grooves at all. I need to go get some brake clean today and clean everything up good.

Had owners on site today, so I had to play super, rather then truck mechanic... LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I did see it. If I was not running a shoe string budget I would get it.

Unless of course someone wants to trade a ZF5 conversion for a modded H2e... LOL

Latest posts

Members online