Money to spend.

lariat06

Reaction score
Say you had $5000 to spend on a 6.0. What would you spend the money on motor wise and why? Thought this might be fun to see what everyone would do. I have a idea what im going to do but wanted to see if maybe someone else had a better idea.

Thanks

JGman141

Reaction score
Say you had $5000 to spend on a 6.0. What would you spend the money on motor wise and why? Thought this might be fun to see what everyone would do. I have a idea what im going to do but wanted to see if maybe someone else had a better idea.

Thanks

Is the truck studded and deleted? That will play a large roll in spending.

sootie

Reaction score
coolant filter,
SCT tuner with custom tunes from Gearhead,
175/30 injectors,
Barder stage 2 turbo,
Head studs w/oem gaskets.
oil cooler,
egr delete,

lariat06

Reaction score
Sorry should also add I will have someone doing the job. I travel for work and am not home enough long enough nor do i have the resources. I was thinking Studs, Gaskets, Egr delete, new oil cooler, tune and exhaust.

SmokedF747

Reaction score
make sure the heads are checked by a machine shop. it may be a decent chunk of change added, but a stud job on uneven heads is like wiping before you poop, just doesn't make sense.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
looks like the budget will be spent with the stud job

oil cooler,
studs,
gaskets
head checked
egr delete
blue spring or regulated return
coolant filter

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to stud with updates then ,175s or 190 ( don't know what nozzle yet ) plus a RR. I've got all the normal stuff already, and yeah get Gearhead tunes.

jdc753

Reaction score
Like everyone else says, that should get you a solid stud and dare I say the overly used term, "Bulletproof" job completed.

If the heads are good then you should have some coin left over, but if they are bad then well $5k should cover it.

Where abouts is home for ya, might get some help here in locating a good reputable shop for the work to be completed at.

lariat06

Reaction score
Im in Ft. Worth Texas. Gonna have Mad Matt's Diesel performance in Ft. Worth do the work. He did my Stc fittings and dummy plugs.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Crazy how much money a guy can spend on almost nothing...

A guy can save thousands by doing the work himself if he is able to...

I'd be living in a soggy cardboard box if I had to pay someone to do all the work for me.

Sounds like you gonna have a good foundation for future modifications!

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I had to pay to have my work done for me because i do not have the knowledge, nor the area to do the work. it sucks, but atleast it was a close friend who really took his time and made sure it was 100% before leaving the shop. btw extended, that is one hell of a fuel only number!

jdc753

Reaction score
Crazy how much money a guy can spend on almost nothing...

A guy can save thousands by doing the work himself if he is able to...

I'd be living in a soggy cardboard box if I had to pay someone to do all the work for me.

Sounds like you gonna have a good foundation for future modifications!

And if I had the place and time to work on mine it might get past the tuner/exhaust mode that yours has :pimp:

but yea... it sucks having to pay others to work on these trucks cause it sure adds up fast.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I spent around 5500 on my head stud job parts and labor. It was quoted way less but in addition to a fully loaded total solution kit and machine shop work, I had my rocker arms and lifters replaced and had the motor pulled for a bedplate/oil pan reseal.

I'm really glad I had it done all at once, they even gave the motor a quick paint job while it was out... Made me one happy guy to get under my truck to change the oil and see a brand new looking engine with no oil weap or anything.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
With $5000 I'd def do a thorough stud job...pull block and make sure all seals are good...Egr delete, new oil cooler and exhaust and tuner.....honestly that be the smart route

Extended Power

Reaction score
I had to pay to have my work done for me because i do not have the knowledge, nor the area to do the work. it sucks, but atleast it was a close friend who really took his time and made sure it was 100% before leaving the shop. btw extended, that is one hell of a fuel only number!

Thanks!

Never satisfied with it...aiming for mid to high 800hp to the rear wheels this year on fuel only.

Latest posts

Members online