Monitoring EOT

endothermic.biped

Reaction score
For the moment I'm just using the torque app on my phone to monitor. I've noticed my EOT never changes. It's always 32 degrees. Where is the oil temp sender? I'm assuming EOT is something torque can monitor since it's showing up as an active sensor in the app's settings. I'm guessing the dealer either left a harness unplugged when they did the egr cooler several years ago or the sender has died.

Nic

Reaction score
Depends on the year too. For some reason I can never get EOT to come up on any monitor on the early trucks. It always reads some throwed off number.

endothermic.biped

Reaction score
Depends on the year too. For some reason I can never get EOT to come up on any monitor on the early trucks. It always reads some throwed off number.
FWIW, it's an '06. It looks like the oil temp sensor is on top of the oil cooler? Does anyone know what kind of resistance I should be getting out of it?

Irontx

Reaction score
If that sensor wasn't working right... I believe you would get an out of range code..... seems like I got one when I left it unplugged once...

endothermic.biped

Reaction score
FWIW, I was trying to make the trouble more difficult than it needed to be. I found the equation missing a close parenthesis and had a - where there should've been a +. Seems to be working correctly now. At least until I can get a good set of gauges.

Stillstrokin8

Reaction score
Check for another engine oil temp options there should be 2 I have 2 and one always reads 32 as well

Latest posts

Members online