More Aftermarket Switches

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Correct. The 2nd set (pictured) are wired to work even with the key off. They run my compressor, light bar, flush mounts in the rear bumper, and bed lights.

The 1st set in the factory location are for high idle, BCP, and I'll be adding a cell signal booster eventually that'll be wired into it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, what does it take to get the second switch stack wired in?

GregW

Reaction score
It's surprisingly simple. I had room to mount the relays under the passenger side of the dash, above the glove box. The switches plug in like normal. The connector that normally plugs in above the throttle pedal gets cut off, then hard wired.
There's 6 wires- 4 input wires for the relays, a wire for the illumination (comes on with parking lights), and an ignition wire. Hook this one to switched power to kill the switches when the key is off, or directly to +12v if you want the switches to be hot all the time.

I fused each of the relay input wires separately. Two 30A and two 10A.

If you already have factory upfitters, you can grab the ignition and illumination wires from the small harness running to the factory switches.

Clean-15

Reaction score
It's surprisingly simple. I had room to mount the relays under the passenger side of the dash, above the glove box. The switches plug in like normal. The connector that normally plugs in above the throttle pedal gets cut off, then hard wired.
There's 6 wires- 4 input wires for the relays, a wire for the illumination (comes on with parking lights), and an ignition wire. Hook this one to switched power to kill the switches when the key is off, or directly to +12v if you want the switches to be hot all the time.

I fused each of the relay input wires separately. Two 30A and two 10A.

If you already have factory upfitters, you can grab the ignition and illumination wires from the small harness running to the factory switches.

How'd you mount the lexan panel? Love the location. Mine behind the cup holders are useless.

GregW

Reaction score
How'd you mount the lexan panel? Love the location. Mine behind the cup holders are useless.

I used the cubby I removed as a template to cut out the lexan. The bottom fits nice and snug, and I ran a single screw directly up in front of the lexan at the top, which keeps it from moving. Doesn't wiggle at all, and if I ever decided to take the switches out there's only one hole and it's not visible

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score

It appears to be very simple. Check my post a couple posts back with a written up intall PDF with pictures. Snagged it from another site. I just printed it off. Hopefully installing them this weekend or next weekend. Just waiting for the upfitter switches to get here.

No more stupid little coin holder thing

GregW

Reaction score
It appears to be very simple. Check my post a couple posts back with a written up intall PDF with pictures. Snagged it from another site. I just printed it off. Hopefully installing them this weekend or next weekend. Just waiting for the upfitter switches to get here.

No more stupid little coin holder thing

The install on them is super simple, the hardest part is just getting to the plug above the throttle pedal

cmrizzo_79

Reaction score
Has anyone added more switches to a lariet? I've got a 2015 with the center console and I need an additional 3 to 4 switches. I want a clean look, but not really wanting to spend $500 on a set-up like the switch pro.

Last edited:

wildkarrd

Reaction score
Has anyone added more switches to a lariet? I've got a 2015 with the center console and I need an additional 3 to 4 switches. I want a clean look, but not really wanting to spend $500 on a set-up like the switch pro.

I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a how to floating around on how to pull the center console apart. I bring that up because I've thought about adding some switches on mine. Best place I've found for clean and easy access would be in the pen holder portion. I think the small round rocker switches would look alright there and be able to function no problem. Either that or the back panel of the console around the 110 outlet

Sent from a Well Head

Latest posts

Members online