most miles on a 6.7l

Buck1

Reaction score
Yes sir. Work truck that tried to be a race truck..
a9ahyvag.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
anyone have audio or video of this ticking sensation ? i just did an oil change and dont hear it yet, just wanna know what im looking for.

uga33

Reaction score
Sounds like an honest to god old school type writer in fender well of your truck. It doesn't have a pattern. Mine stopped after 500 miles on an oil change with 10/30 Motorcraft. Took it 4000 miles to stop ticking on this recent oil change when I switched to 5/40 Valvoline Syn.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So nobody knows what makes that noise?

Supposedly not! I guess The dealership adds a oil conditioner when they change the oil... So far with my truck it ticks for 200-300 miles after an oil change OR if it ever gets below 20° outside no matter how many miles are on it.. it does tick louder with the mobile 1 syn then it ever has with cheveron delo syn. Theres a thread on the tick already and lots of guys have it but I think im the only one who has one that ticks do to the cold.

live life full throttle

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Supposedly not! I guess The dealership adds a oil conditioner when they change the oil... So far with my truck it ticks for 200-300 miles after an oil change OR if it ever gets below 20° outside no matter how many miles are on it.. it does tick louder with the mobile 1 syn then it ever has with cheveron delo syn. Theres a thread on the tick already and lots of guys have it but I think im the only one who has one that ticks do to the cold.

live life full throttle

i put delo syn in mine yesterday, first oil change. i didnt even know delo had a syn til i saw it. i was gonna use royal purple. anyway no tick yet with about 50 miles, but i'm not holding my breath. that being said, is the tick prevalant in the 13's or 14's ? i know the 11-12's have been getting it, just wondering if that has been addressed.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i put delo syn in mine yesterday, first oil change. i didnt even know delo had a syn til i saw it. i was gonna use royal purple. anyway no tick yet with about 50 miles, but i'm not holding my breath. that being said, is the tick prevalant in the 13's or 14's ? i know the 11-12's have been getting it, just wondering if that has been addressed.

Yeah I noticed right before I bought my 6.7 that walmart($19.95 a gallon) started stocking delo and its the only place I know of to get it.. mine ticks right away after a oci then goes away but some are the other way around.. so you might not even get the tick. If you stay with that oil... I have looked and everywhere ive read says that ford doesnt know why it does it so I dont know how it could be addressed if its an unknown known issue. Even some mustangs have the tick.. I know of a 2012 duramax that ticks worse then mine.. the guy with the dmax says GM doesn't know what causes it either... its anoying as *** when you can hear it over the motor from 50yds across a parking lot...

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ford issued a tsb or an announcement after the 11s were out forba while and it explained what the ticking was. They said it was completely harmless.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.