Most suitable engine for WVO/WMO/random hydrocarbon fluids

Copracr

Reaction score
I don't know if it's out there, but is there a commonly found motor that will tolerate conversion to random waste fuel better? I'm putting together an early 80's bronco and was kicking around the idea of a "burn anything" diesel. The problem I run into is that different motors seem to have different reasons to not use them.

Any suggestions?

Mdub707

Reaction score
The 7.3 powerstroke (out of the superduties) and the 6.0 powerstroke are excellent for two tank conversions for WVO use. The dead head design helps to pre-heat the fuel quite a bit for proper combustion.

You can read more at www.biofuelstechnologies.com

I use a vegistroke on my 06 6.0, and there are quite a few others of us. The earlier 7.3's can be used too, but need to be converted to an electric fuel system found on the super duty trucks.

glamis

Reaction score
a gmc turo flow,was designed for the military to run on dammnear anything

Copracr

Reaction score
a gmc turo flow,was designed for the military to run on dammnear anything

From what I could google, that's a 60's era converted gas motor. But that is more like what I was looking at. I also found an isuzu 6bd1 as a candidate.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I have a friend who runs it in GM 6.5s and 6.9s. Parts are super cheap and the injection system is cheap, simple, and low pressure with loose tolerances.

glamis

Reaction score
I have a friend who runs it in GM 6.5s and 6.9s. Parts are super cheap and the injection system is cheap, simple, and low pressure with loose tolerances.

no a 6.5 is un suitable for running w80 or any waste motor oil
it has an optical senser,if it cant shine through the fuel it wont run at all
6.2 yes
6.5 n0
6.9 yes
7.3 yes
5.9 yes

Mdub707

Reaction score
I would never run unheated WVO in anything, you WILL have a failure at some point, tolerances aside. WVO physically can not burn correctly without being pre-heated. You will get coking from it, and it will eventually polymerize (turns to a hard plastic). The rings will be the first thing to get poly build up. Engines work real great with seized piston rings!!!

Latest posts

Members online