Motor Upgrades

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Well guys these trucks been out a while and we all that own one have figured out the exhaust and tuners.

But I'm writing this post curious to know who's working on motor upgrades

Injectors, turbos, inter coolers, things like that

Anyone know of any of the builders out there working on motor stuff for these 6.7s?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i believe SPE and ii's trucks with compounds broke the rods, and i thought i heard SPE got a sweet window mod.. i might be wrong.. but i do know for a fact they havent been working out so well. I'd like to see a bigger single on them rather than adding a LP on to the already crappy stock charger.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
:whs:
I have a feeling some of the mentioned companies went back to the drawing boards. The rods weren't holding much and these turbos can just barely make it by on heavy tuning.
I'm with Eric though, I want a nice fat single on this truck to wake it up some. I hope that some good power mods come out closer to summer, I'm missing the HP Club meetings lol
Besides the power though, I wouldn't trade my truck for a thing!

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
there's room in there for a bigger one. I don't know if the stock location would be great though.. it'll get tight there quick. but other than that I don't see why a 64-66mm wouldn't be great. I know they fuel less, so a smaller charger like a 64 might work great. might drop EBP too. I don't know the stock spec though.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
I hope to work on a replacment intake manifold and true twin turbo set up in the near future. But like others have said the bottom end will need some improvment to handle high horsepower and cylinder pressure. The cp4 pump is also a limiting factor that will need adressed.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i agree ive been debating on a 6.4 to start building as a play toy but i might sit back and hold off a while off a little while longer and just see what these guys have cooking for these new 6.7s.

i think as soon as somone turns out the 1st non exhaust / turner / egr delete part. it will be like turning on a lite switch and with in days there will be all kinds of stuff that will be able to be done to these trucks

SootPowered

Reaction score
I'm working on a set of 6.7L heads now. I haven't had them on a flow bench yet but there are plenty of improvements that could be made with these heads, especially where port velocity is concerned.

Dustball8504

Reaction score

HairyPalmer

Reaction score
im a 7.3 guy.... looking at newer trucks. The 6.7 is really failing at 500 hp on stock bottom end? Enlighten me please, a newer truck doesn't seem so awesome if thats the case.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
If any of you guys are on the Elite news letter list then you should've gotten an e-mail stating they have connecting rods, pushrods and valve springs for the 6.7 now. I can't find them on the site to link here but it would be worth looking into.

Latest posts

Members online