Motor Upgrades

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Well looks like the people are starting to get somewhere with the heads and bottom end...Last I heard there was a 6.7 tuned with the II compounds, 100hp injectors, and deletes, blew up in a very short amount of time...several blown rods, windowed block, ect...

But now I see theres headwork done with springs, puchrods, studs, and connecting rods, and maybe even Pistons...sounds like whoever that was that blew up needs to get some testing with these parts down. Maybe with those same injectors and II compounds or a new big single. Then we will see what can come from that. Im looking forward to seeing what comes from the 6.7 in the next several months. Ill be in the market for a new truck soon, and want a 6.4. But my mind may end up changing to a 6.7.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Well looks like the people are starting to get somewhere with the heads and bottom end...Last I heard there was a 6.7 tuned with the II compounds, 100hp injectors, and deletes, blew up in a very short amount of time...several blown rods, windowed block, ect...

But now I see theres headwork done with springs, puchrods, studs, and connecting rods, and maybe even Pistons...sounds like whoever that was that blew up needs to get some testing with these parts down. Maybe with those same injectors and II compounds or a new big single. Then we will see what can come from that. Im looking forward to seeing what comes from the 6.7 in the next several months. Ill be in the market for a new truck soon, and want a 6.4. But my mind may end up changing to a 6.7.

It's why I took the dive. We all know what the 6.4 can do, and it's nasty. But I have a feeling the aftermarket world will start catching up with the 6.7 and with a few solid insurance mods (studs, rods, etc.) these motors should be some nasty power mills.
I know I'm excited to see what might come out in the coming months. I just hope my bank account can support it :D

Dave

Reaction score
The aftermarket will catch up with the 6.7. No worries.

Hell it took 2-3 years before we saw any serious aftermarket parts for the 6.4

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Whatever. Same difference. The injection pump is a limiting factor.

Btw, your avatar chokes me up. The world seems just a little darker without him in it. Rip my friend.

jdgleason

Reaction score
We don't have the stuff on the site, but we do have rods, springs, pushrods etc. we also have some other pieces in the works that we hope to be testing in the coming weeks. We will have both fueling and air addressed, but that's all I can say for now. :D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not the same as a k16

k16 is a Siemens/vdo pump.
Cp 4.2 is a bosch product

Big difference ESP in how the pump is controlled

quicksilver11

Reaction score
Does it run off the engine? Yes. Does it pressurize fuel to a ridiculously high amount? Yes. Therefore, they do the same thing and the terms are interchangeable in my mind LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
So who's working on a modified stocker or a dual setup?

we've got a second injection pump in the works. Not saying now which pump it is, but it will be going on our test engine/truck when the prototypes for all of the components are together including more air. We're overbuilding the long block as much as possible strength-wise so we don't have to worry about it when the power goes up. In very many ways this engine is like the duramax, so it should have similar potential, and parts requirements at comparable power levels minus the connecting rods. Not to worry guys. Unfortunately patience is required for now, but the parts will come eventually.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.