MPD's "Project 6.0L Proving Grounds"

peixinho

Reaction score
What about trying nozzle changes on whatever injectors you choose. I thought I read 190s. Try the 30%, 50%, and 75%. Wonder when the gains start to diminish

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

:popcorn:

I agree with this idea!!!

peixinho

Reaction score
We are going to be doing a variation, starting with 30%, no one really makes a 50%, so we may hone out the 30% to 50s.

Cool... it is my personal opinion that many of us have been throwing way too big of nozzles on our injectors. I am excited to see what your tests reveal.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If the injector is built and tuned right, there is not much of a downside to the larger nozzle, especially if you're looking for power. I have all the drivability with my 225/100s and it doesn't even haze until you get into it over 1/2 throttle and just lets the tires loose.

peixinho

Reaction score
I believe any injector/turbo combo is physically possible to run with the right amount of tuning...

but does that make it optimal?
Could you have lower egts?
Are you getting the best atomization?
Why use 100s if 75, 50, or 30 could do the same thing at a lower temp?
Are you getting the best burn possible out of the fuel?
Does that make it easy to tow with?

In my mind it is all give and take. The key is to finding the most optimal combo. You want the longest most complete burn... without advancing the pulse width too much and increasing cylinder pressures. But you also don't want too slow of a burn by just dumping the fuel in there.

I am not arguing, doubting, or picking a fight... just throwing out some food for thought.

Has anyone dynoed 175/30 and 175/75 back to back to see if the 75s actually gain any power? Maybe 30s are already dumping all the fuel and 75s simply cause a less optimal burn???

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You are completely correct, and this is the whole point to this project! We are going to see what works best on the street for the average joe not looking for insane track use power.

Wayne

Reaction score
I believe any injector/turbo combo is physically possible to run with the right amount of tuning...

but does that make it optimal?
Could you have lower egts?
Are you getting the best atomization?
Why use 100s if 75, 50, or 30 could do the same thing at a lower temp?
Are you getting the best burn possible out of the fuel?
Does that make it easy to tow with?

In my mind it is all give and take. The key is to finding the most optimal combo. You want the longest most complete burn... without advancing the pulse width too much and increasing cylinder pressures. But you also don't want too slow of a burn by just dumping the fuel in there.

I am not arguing, doubting, or picking a fight... just throwing out some food for thought.

Has anyone dynoed 175/30 and 175/75 back to back to see if the 75s actually gain any power? Maybe 30s are already dumping all the fuel and 75s simply cause a less optimal burn???
Excellent post! Most people, it seems, don't understand the reasoning behind, or concepts of getting a nozzle sized properly. There are trade offs if you go further than ideal in either direction. I imagine I'm a lot like most people who turn up the power on their trucks. I still use it as a truck to haul and tow stuff, so a dedicated race vehicle is not practical. As cool and helpful as they are for pushing the envelope, and discovering new/better ways to set stuff up, true competition trucks are the minority.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We are on hold until the weather gets better with this project. We have some goodies stacked up ready to try so we can see what this poor thing can do.

RamzTrk

Reaction score
Since you have all the flow benches and nozzles, can we some Proving ground proof? I'd like see stock flow bench tested stock,35,75,100 and then 155 then 175 the 195s. Proof that too large nozzle on too small injector will not help flow. Then dyno each setup to see what real world difference injectors and nozzles make.

Latest posts

Members online