mpg

cw96stroker

Reaction score
@ 70 via GPS I'm at 2000-2100 and my mileage changes from 13 to 11 towing my bronco. AT 75 I'd guess 2250. If your mileage is acceptable w/ 35's then stick w/ it. IMHO 33's and 3.55's would make decent DD and Hwy truck if you spend less than 50% of your time towing. My empty to tow ratio is about 99 of 100. In 8 years my 02 had a trailer/tow bar hooked 4 times. My 6.4 in 3 years was about 6 times.

33's are less expensive to replace, you'll have less rolling resistance and they are easier to change on the road when you get into your older years. I'll drop my truck about an inch or so and try to eventually go 3.55's w/ the 33-AT's.

FWIW, I do believe 3.55's AND 3.31's were offered at one time in the OBS models according to a quick parts search, as were 4.10's in a SRW.

Ok thats not too terribly bad I dont guess, I just like to be able to haul butt sometimes and not be rappin up so many R's lol! But I guess it wont be that bad, I mean I did run 33s on my old srw obs that had 4:10s and lived with that for a few years. And I will probably keep my 4in lift and 35s because I do tend to change my mind quite often and will probably end up putting it on an off a few times. So it may be wise for me just to stick with the 3.73s. I am only getting an average 13.5-14 mpg right now, so I am not too scared in that aspect, if anything maybe I can gain 1 or 2 mpg. I very rarely pull a trailer with my truck, and when I do it is something pretty light. I used to use my dmax for all my heavy hauling and just hauling in general, although I go rid of it, I still have other means for towing heavy.

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
4.10's????? I have no idea why your mileage sucks :shocked: plus how fast you drive?

I try to drive it as little as possible but I got over the speed demon part of life several years ago. I drive like an old grandpa that can't see over the dash!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Baker42

Reaction score
I would buy a horse and buggy. You will have to leave real early to make it to school on time.lol just kiddin

Latest posts