MTW/RCD 68/non VGT

PGreenSVT

Reaction score
IMHO a 100% nozzle is a mismatch for a 190 injector. You would have been better off with a 50% or a 75%. You are going to be pulling a lot of fuel especially down low and it would for sure be cooler and be better at towing with the smaller nozzles. But since you are already there the Stage3 is the right turbo to match up with those injectors.

60powerplant

Reaction score
You think it would be worth sending the injectors back to warren and get 75% nuzzles on? Then one day when I step up to the stage3 do the 100% or just jump up to a 205 injector?

the chad

Reaction score
That was my white truck on the youtube video. Im happy with it it but i have 75 nozzles too. Even with 75's as you could tell it smokes pretty good. Nothing really until you get on it, then it will roll :( That run was also done on 35 psi of fuel pressure, lowering boost down to 22 psi, making it a little more smokey. Send me a msg if you have any questions!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
The idea behind any injector with a 50% or 75% nozzle never made sense to me. Sure it smokes less, that's because you are getting 1/2 or 3/4 of the injector capactity to flow.

Why buy a 190 and put a small nozzle? Why not just buy 155 or 175s.

Just my .02

strokin6L

Reaction score
i think a 190cc injector will still flow 190cc whether it be a stock nozzle, 50%, 75% or 100% nozzle....only difference is the pulse width i believe, but i could be wrong. It'll take more PW to inject 190cc of fuel through a stock nozzle than it will with a 100% nozzle with the end result being more cylinder pressures. And it'll take less PW to inject 190cc of fuel through a 100% nozzle than it will with a stock nozzle with the end result being less cylinder pressures. However the 190/100% injector will make more power than a 190/stock nozzle do to PW i believe. The reason i suggest people going with larger than stock nozzles when upgrading injectors is to keep cylinder pressures down. Personally i think it's a waste to run a stock nozzle on an injector bigger than stock.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its not a waste, it does limit it you when you hit a certain point, but Bigger isnt always better.

Helen Keller sent this?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Well to each their own. I would never use a stock nozzle on a larger than stock injector....to me it's a waste. If you like it...that's fine.

60powerplant

Reaction score
The nozzle size determines how fast the barrel empty. A stock nozzle can flow a lot of fuel. Jesse pulling truck had 225/stock nozzle in it. That truck fueled hard! Over on the nation he had a big right up about this.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.