Muddy looking fuel filter??

alan_0915

Reaction score
Had a new fuel filters put in last time I had some work done because they looked "muddy". Had the work done, drove it half a mile as a test run, checked the BRAND NEW filters again, already "muddy" looking after half a mile of driving. Dropped the tank, drained all fuel, did ANOTHER fuel filter swap, and after 2 tanks of fuel, WITH FUEL ADDITIVE, they're "muddy" yet again. Am I getting bad fuel??

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Do you have pictures? What is your fuel source?

Had a truck come from Texas and it was algae in the fuel, looks like mud

alan_0915

Reaction score
I don't have pictures now, but will have some tomorrow. I get on-road diesel fuel from the same station every time I fill up.

Kdavid1

Reaction score
Did you clean the tank when you drained it? Could be algae or rust (if metal tank)

dasboot

Reaction score
Did you clean the tank when you drained it? Could be algae or rust (if metal tank)

If you drop your tank, it is best to take it to a place that will clean and reseal it. Our shop uses a local radiator shop.

Switch fuel stations or pour some fuel in a separate fuel can and inspect it.

Powerstrokehelp.com has a video about pulling off the fuel filter assy off the rail. cleaning it and rebuilding it.

alan_0915

Reaction score
Figured out it was the fuel I was getting. The tanks had a lot of water in them. Sending the oil company my maintenance bills to try and get some money back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.