Muffled 7.3 sound

D66stroke

Reaction score
You can run a 366 on stock fuel so i don't know why people are telling you that you don't have enough fuel. For me it's to small of a turbo, it spools instantly which leaves me not much top end. Now that could be due to the .91 exhaust housing and/or how much fuel I have. I know stock obs turbo's have a 1.15 housing, and not going to lie a small set of hybrids and a stock turbo is a fun setup lol. I've been debating going to a 475

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel much better about it now.

Sorry for the derail. It's definitely not a waste of a thread to me. Ill let ya know how mine sounds :rockon:

D66stroke

Reaction score
Just bringing this back up.. I started taking the truck back to stock so I'm back on a stock turbo, and it has the normal loud whistle out the exhaust but still sounds like it has a muffler. Why this has bothered me so much, I don't know lol. I'm pretty much convinced theres something lodged up in my exhaust at this point. I know I said I tried 4", 5", and axle dump but I was just referring to the tailpipe section. I don't want to assume it's a motor problem because I've seen trucks with low compression still sound normal

D66stroke

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's a 1.15. I sold the stock turbo that originally came off the truck when I went T4, and just picked this one up. The guy said it came off a van, so I'd guess 1.15 or 1.0.. But I forgot to mention after the 366 I went to a 475 with a 1.0 housing and sound (or lack of lol) didn't change much compared to the .91 on the 366

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You got the butterfly in th exhaist still? It may be misadjusted, or blowing closed or something like that.

D66stroke

Reaction score
It would have a hiss to it if that was the case, but no it's gutted. Nothing that should obstruct flow is evident, has a 3" downpipe, etc.. Btw sorry to waste anybody's time over a complaint about sound lol, was just hoping maybe somebody ran into the same "issue" and found what was causing it