My 6.7 venture

Reaction score
The tint is going to get you pulled over lol you might as well have just done the whole thing and made it less obvious

Looks good tho morgan i like that truck allot

Yeah it's gonna get changed. I'm guessing the hp may also get me pulled over too, I like to go fast.

Caltracs or asassin bars in the rear should help a ton, and i think i would remove a leaf

Already removed. One main leaf and the big fat bottom leaf is all that it has.

Make it stick in 2wd, way cooler.

It will be 2wd for now. May morph to a 4wd some day when it grows up. We will just have to see. It was already semi sketchy at the power level it was at. Nothing under 50 mph was really usable.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Put the lift gate back on and have Dustin get you some courtesy patrol stockers for the bed. Promise you'll never get nailed after that lol

12stroker

Reaction score
Looks good man. What type of lift gate is it? Do you have photos of it installed? I could possibly have a buyer if it's the same brand my friend has on his other trucks.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I vote 4wd
Getting 2wd to hook properly at that power level is gonna be expensive IMO.

Excited to see what you come up with and how it all turns out.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Having the lift hate on the back might help with some traction issues too! Can you say sleeper?? Ha ha ha looking good as always! Can't wait to see this thing take shape

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Already removed. One main leaf and the big fat bottom leaf is all that it has.

It will be 2wd for now. May morph to a 4wd some day when it grows up. We will just have to see. It was already semi sketchy at the power level it was at. Nothing under 50 mph was really usable.

We ran the same chassis setup as you (down to the 2 leaf spring description etc you are talking about) last year with an s472 single kit. Hooking up was not an issue for us but you are going to have twins and a bunch more power.

The problem we had was holding the rear wheels still while staging and spooling the charger.

That converter you are building will take care of the spooling issue hopefully so this is great news.
We are definitely looking forward to a new converter and are excited about the build you are doing.
Congradulations!

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
We ran the same chassis setup as you (down to the 2 leaf spring description etc you are talking about) last year with an s472 single kit. Hooking up was not an issue for us but you are going to have twins and a bunch more power.

The problem we had was holding the rear wheels still while staging and spooling the charger.

That converter you are building will take care of the spooling issue hopefully so this is great news.
We are definitely looking forward to a new converter and are excited about the build you are doing.
Congradulations!

Yeah 515hp shouldn't have had any traction issues. Morgan will be making double that, plus some. There will be issues and I'm certain he will use his purdy noggin to correct it when the time comes.

The Midwest converter should help lots of people with laggy leaky single kits overcome spool up issues for sure, gotta agree with you there

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh I am sorry I must not have explained it correctly. We did not have any spoolup problems. We could build 20 psi if we locked the rear wheels in place. No leaks etc.
The problem we have is the rear wheels just don't have the clamping force to hold the truck still. Maybe pulling timing at spoolup will help. But ultimately I think the 1200 stall speed of the stock TC is the issue and Morgan is going to have a major breakthrough in the aftermarket single industry with his converter.
We were actually considering installing a pinion brake with a line lock to spoolup.
It has been frustrating Steve, running a 117 mph trap speed with a 3.2 second 60 foot.

Good news on the converter Morgan. I will keep an eye out in the vendor section when they are available for sale.

Thanks

Reaction score
sejupuje.jpg

u8yze7yn.jpg

upumeqej.jpg

de4uma3e.jpg

tyreju8y.jpg

qa4y6yha.jpg

Some teaser pics from earlier fitting. This is actually prototype turbo kit for the 6.7 which we will be testing this week. There will be another thread started for it.

But the intake and up-pipes will be the same used with the compound kit. Only difference will be the gate provision. Which will be an option either way.

Also I didn't mention earlier but this truck will have an air to air cooler and ditch the secondary cooling crap in factor of more room, less headache and more simpler boost temp control. It's going to be fun.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Good idea on the air to air cooler.
The more I look at the secondary water pump belt contact area with a duel fueler the more I wonder how much slippage is there.

You are going to have a big gulp of air charge to cool.

Is the air to air setup another kit or just a one off for now?

from mobile

vcassens

Reaction score
So is this going to be strictly a race/street truck off well it be dd

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk