My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score
God I love the chrome on the bull trucks. Looks so classy

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

yeah me too, paint matching the front end on these just doesnt look right

Why not update to a hydroboost for your brakes?

Only real rest was becuase I got this with the frame I bought and for what Im doing with the truck I didnt see a need to swap to hydroboost. It would look a little cleaner though lol I though about putting an F-superduty hydroboost set up on but I figured this will work alright.

TurboM700

Reaction score
If he doesnt buy it I would be interested in it Jason for my X.

Matt very nice trucks. I have been reading the hell out of your two builds to get idea and learn alot also helps me keep my motivation up.

Nice work.

Mike

Matt_P

Reaction score
If he doesnt buy it I would be interested in it Jason for my X.

Matt very nice trucks. I have been reading the hell out of your two builds to get idea and learn alot also helps me keep my motivation up.

Nice work.

Mike

Thank you! It can definitely be hard to keep motivation at times, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Matt_P

Reaction score
I think the two tone on this thing will be gorgeous. You gonna break it up with anything like a pinstripe?

Im really excited to see the two tone on it! Im gonna be painting the engine, trans and transfercase a dark red and was thinking about breaking it up with a pinstripe of the same color. My buddy who will be painting the truck wants to use a white pinstripe but Im not sure how that would look

Thanks I'm sure I will. I know nothing about tuning a 12v. GSK,AFC, Gasket, fuel plate are all foreign to me. lol

haha yeah its a whole different world from a powerstroke lol, I've got very familiar with all that after building these trucks. So yeah any questions just ask away

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Im really excited to see the two tone on it! Im gonna be painting the engine, trans and transfercase a dark red and was thinking about breaking it up with a pinstripe of the same color. My buddy who will be painting the truck wants to use a white pinstripe but Im not sure how that would look

haha yeah its a whole different world from a powerstroke lol, I've got very familiar with all that after building these trucks. So yeah any questions just ask away

White would not look good as a pin stripe on that truck with that paint scheme. Now a white or cream pinstripe job on your motor would look good on the dark metallic red... but that is the hot rodder in me. lol

Matt_P

Reaction score
White would not look good as a pin stripe on that truck with that paint scheme. Now a white or cream pinstripe job on your motor would look good on the dark metallic red... but that is the hot rodder in me. lol

yeah I dont think the white will look good at all either, he does some real impressive paint work but Ill have to disagree with him on that detail lol Im thinking the dark red might be the ticket. The pinstripe might look good on the motor though lol The engine will be the dark red with polished valve covers, compressor housing and other little accents. They do have a roadster sitting in the body shop that looks identical to the one your building

Matt_P

Reaction score
Got my turbo in and mounted up on the truck
12783417475_36020c399f_c.jpg

12783843504_845265e83b_c.jpg

Threw the drivers side fender on to check clearances
12783480503_138290a4a1_c.jpg

Modified the core support so the intercooler sits flush in it
12783362825_1f4d2003cc_c.jpg

Little shopping trip today for piping to build IC pipes, intake, downpipe and exhaust as well as a new aluminum radiator with inlet and outlet on the passenger side, polished overflow tank, fittings, stainless braided line and some pushloc hose
12783348155_3e5211f2fc_c.jpg

Oil feed made for turbo
12783772024_2820119bb1_c.jpg

Radiator
12783332755_6bca1b9269_c.jpg

JMart

Reaction score
I haven't been able to keep up on the thread, but the truck looks like it is coming along great. Its looking really good.

So, when do you want to build me one?

89xj

Reaction score
Beauty work so far! I enjoy reading your build threads. Kept up with the kr thread aswell. :rockon: :rockon: :thumbsup:

Matt_P

Reaction score
I haven't been able to keep up on the thread, but the truck looks like it is coming along great. Its looking really good.

So, when do you want to build me one?

Thanks Jason! I can build you one whenever youd like, just mail me a check and we can get started lol

Beauty work so far! I enjoy reading your build threads. Kept up with the kr thread aswell. :rockon: :rockon: :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Unfortunately I didnt get much done today because I had to make an unplanned trip to firepunk today to get a new sfi flex plate for my king ranch due to a little mishap. All I was able to get done today was get the downpipe made and tacked together and got the 5" pipe mocked up after the downpipe. Just need to cut that to length and tack on my bends for the over axle dump and weld on some hangers and the exhaust is done
12806431625_b3004209a5_c.jpg

12806531363_9d5e135c63_c.jpg

12806443155_e4c7ea5d6e_c.jpg

12806447565_b7244e8ab4_c.jpg

12806452465_e6d25aaa24_c.jpg

12806457825_99139960af_c.jpg

Latest posts

Members online