My build so far...

Notneb

Reaction score
Well it's not pretty, but this is my rough draft. Going to see how well it works before I weld something prettier and more permanent on, lol. Basically I used 3/4" connector in front to connect my 1"OD hose to the one supplied in the No Limit CCV kit. I then ran this down the driver side frame rail, then over on top of the fuel tank and zip tied it to the bed rails, and finally over the rear axle.
038_zpsgzhkisq0.jpg

As you can see from the picture, I simply used a 3/4 hose to 3/4 pipe connector and threaded it into a 10" piece of pipe, into a 90 degree elbow into the exhaust. On the inside I used another 90 degree elbow to direct the output from the ccv towards the exhaust outlet.

So far so good, going to monitor it to see if there's a lot of heat transfer, enough to start melting the hose or not. I don't think so as the exhaust doesn't get hot enough back there to do that, but Murphy's law and all...

Once I've got some miles on it and determined the setup to be a good one, I'll weld up a prettier setup that looks less Home Depot special, and more "professional". Also, sorry I couldn't trick the woman into any scandalous positions... lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thx to the normal non hypocritical people for trying to help someone out but to the other fruitcake,well he can kiss the dark side.
A so called business man comes on here & tries to belittle someone who only has an opinion that varies from his such as my desire to use an s&b intake instead of an open one for blatantly obvious reasons,dude ive done about finished my build & not one sale went to you all because your the idiot.
dude. just leave chit out of threads that happened in other threads.. you must have a vagina.. humans that keep digging chit up from the past have vaginas.
Good to hear you got it back together. Almost. Lol. And you sir are a master photographer! :D

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
agreed!!
Nice lookin ride. Nice truck too...
exactly what i said.

live life full throttle

Notneb

Reaction score
Small update: For all you who like the smell of hot oil vapor, even with routing the ccv all the way back to my exhaust tip, you can still smell it lol. But I took care of the "oh god that truck's on fire" issue, so there's that...

Going to put about 200 miles on it, then hop under the hood and truck it's self and check everything out again, make sure everything is snug. Going to try and get some video's up, hopefully without wind noise, just gotta find the go pro :p

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My question is why run the hose that far back? Why not just tap it into the piping at the bottom of the downpipe? More heat there would likely burn off more of the oil vapors plus that long hose, if it has any big dips in it could eventually fill with pooled oil and potentially block the hose.

Notneb

Reaction score
I kept the hose pretty well level with the top of the frame rail, so as far as dips go I think I should be good. As far as why I routed it all the way back, it's sheer laziness on my part. That part of the exhaust was the easiest to separate so I could get the fitting on there. If the setup works, when I go to a cleaner setup and actually weld it to the exhaust, I will probably put it at the bottom of the down pipe. I'd like to bend some steel tubing instead of using the rubber eventually, that way I'll have zero concerns on heat soak melting it.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Dude all the piping looks baller!!!! Especially the CCV hose reroute! You better keep us updated :)

Notneb

Reaction score
Working great so far, just put the Carli lift on yesterday so I took a good luck at the CCV/exhaust connection. No heat issues at all, no oil build up, no leaks! Going to keep this setup until next year, just because it's working fine so I'm in no hurry to spend more money lol.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
I don't blame you on the last part. I still need to buy an adjustable front track bar and track bars for rear, along with more AALs cause my ass end sags

Notneb

Reaction score
My ass end sits about an inch higher than my front, gonna put the trailer on it this weekend and see if I can break them deavers in! But yeah after buying those lights you got, my upgrades budget is dwindling lol

Notneb

Reaction score
Took some quick pics this morning before work, so sorry about the lighting. I'll take better ones this weekend, maybe convince the woman to put yoga pants on for science...

020_zpsyqnbl7pl.jpg

New grille, that you can't see... freaking shadow...

014_zpshtsko0jx.jpg

Side profile, again this is just a 2.5, but everyone thinks it's a 4"

015_zpswpibehvs.jpg

A picture of the rims and tires, I went down to 18's because I like more tire, I know, weird...

016_zpsue6eoevl.jpg

Closeup of the M16's. I love these tires, had them on my 2012, had them in everything from wet clay, to sand to *gasp* snow, and they never let me down!

017_zpsbzyhtyuh.jpg

Front coil spring and fox 2.0's. Wanted to see how they did, once I get off road I'll really see if I can "live" with them or if I indeed need to go with Kings.

018_zpscc8pbq5y.jpg

Rear deavers, Fox 2.0 and drop bracket for the bump stops.

019_zpsg0cax9tu.jpg

Another view of those beefy Deavers! Also if you look hard enough you can see my CCV pipe elbow :p

Some fun highlights of the lift instal: Never do the front first, because it gave me a false sense of "wow this is going smooth"... Then I got to the rear and just wanted to cry 2 hours in...

Like someone mentioned in my "screw leaf packs" post, the locktite guy at the assembly plant must have taken out stock in their product because he went overboard on my truck. The good news is, with a torch and being super super careful, I didn't have to drop the fuel tank like I've read others having to do.

So this is the build so far! No more power upgrades in the near future until I refill the "Upgrades $$ Jar". I already ordered the same headlights as Mikeyfitz, so when those get here that'll warrant a photo shoot :p

Future mods planned: Just going to paint the chrome grille surround to match the body, and then get the mirror caps, Platinum letter badging, and tailgate chrome piece, all "black chromed" so they don't stick out as much. The reason I want to go with black chrome is I feel everyone is doing the "matte" look so I want to be different. I'm debating removing the Powerstroke "gears" on the doors...

Notneb

Reaction score
Ordered Carli long travel airbags, now trying to decide if I really need dual 444c's from Viair. I know it's overkill but Murphy's Law runs my life, so I'm thinking roadside air tool support could come in handy.

And before anyone asks, yes I'll have a reducer for the aux line so I don't destroy a wrench with 200psi, lol. Will post pics of my setup when it all gets here, and yes Jcain, it will be Yoga pic certified!

stevens6.7

Reaction score
How do those tires perform on pavement or are these more of a mud terrain tire? I plan on doing 35's without a lift and just looking at tires right now.

Notneb

Reaction score
They're a bit loud, if that's what you mean. They're classified as an all terrain tire and are rated for snow. They have some mild siping for rain/snow. I've ran BF A/T's, Toyo MT's and I still prefer the SS M16's. They have the best all around performance in my experience. They wear very nicely on asphalt, I averaged about 60k miles before I started thinking about a new set on my 2012.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
They're a bit loud, if that's what you mean. They're classified as an all terrain tire and are rated for snow. They have some mild siping for rain/snow. I've ran BF A/T's, Toyo MT's and I still prefer the SS M16's. They have the best all around performance in my experience. They wear very nicely on asphalt, I averaged about 60k miles before I started thinking about a new set on my 2012.

The noise isn't a big issue. Glad to hear they wear well on asphalt. I was also looking at those 2 tires choices as well. Where do you normally purchase these from?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Good job. Looks good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online