my build suggestions ?

6.0smokinstroker

Reaction score
Well I've had the truvk for a year now and have been running vivians looney tune with exhaust, intake ,bluespring ,coolant filter ,guages . But I'm ready to go to the next level. I do daily drive the truck but would like to be around the 500 mark what hp numbers are safe for dd and what all should I get as far as injector sizes fuel system upgrades etc

CoastalF350

Reaction score
A stage 2 mtw turbo with 175/100 and with FASS fuel system should get you there. I would dump that looney tune and go with a innovative diesel tune

java

Reaction score
I dont think you need a 100 percent nozzle on a 175 injector. Probably a 175/75 or 175/50 would work. I suggest a fuel system with a fuel lab pump or an aeromotive pump, like what Marty sells.

peixinho

Reaction score
I would suggest searching around for a couple of weeks and researching a little more. You need to get a little bit of an idea of what you want.

100 nozzles with 175 injectors is not a common combo... they would be very smokey. Also the mtw stage 2 is currently out of production (they are not making them right now)

You need to decide how much you tow and how much money you have. That will help you decide a lot. You also need to think about vgt vs non vgt. They both have their plusses and minuses. It is not as easy as people think to hit 500hp. To get above 500hp and a daily driver you will be pushing the limits of the stock tranny and fuel system to the max... but definitely possible. A lot of it will come down to how much money you have and how much you are willing to throw at your truck.

Here are a few examples of turbo/injector combos for vgt turbos

155/30 would be an awesome tow setup and a little bump over stock. Probably put your right around 500hp (475-510) depending on your other supporting mods. You could buy 155/stock rebuilt injectors for around $650+ but to add nozzles gets pretty expensive ($1400+)

175/stock would be cheaper than 155/30 and give you more hp down low but would not do as much above 3500rpms

175/75 This has been proven to be between 550-600hp. Your truck would be extremely fast. I would not recommend towing big loads (10,000lbs+) This would be pushing your tranny right to the limit and get pretty smokey. If you drive your truck really hard at the drag strip or do boosted launches then your tranny won't last long. Many people have driven their truck for years on this setup with no problems. Others tried to sled pull on stock trannys and did not even last one day.

IMO 175/stock or 175/75 is the best bang for your buck IMO. 155s is only a slight bump over stock. 190s would require a new fuel system and a regulated return. but it is all about what you are looking for and how much money you have.

In my opinion here is how vgt turbos match up well...

stock injectors = stage 1 or powermax 63.5

155/stock = stage 1 63.5mm is slightly too small but stage2/hybrid 64.7 is a little too big???

155/30 = hybrid/stage 2

175/stock = stage 3 68mm is slightly too big but stage2/hybrid 64.7 is a little too small???

175/75 = stage 3 68mm

Of course with more research you will find many varied opinions. What I wrote is not gospel but at least a start for your research. Good luck:thumbup:

peixinho

Reaction score
I guess i just assumed he already had the reliability mods done...

I would get all the reliability mods done before adding any more power

studs
egr delete or bulletproof
monitor/gauges
oil cooler if needed, while doing the studs or just go with bpd oil cooler
switch out to cat ec1 rated elc
coolant filter
all the updates like standpipes, dummy plugs, stc fitting
etc...
etc...
etc...

just to give you an idea

6.0smokinstroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys and yes the reliability mods are done to the truck but as far as the updates what are all of those ? I woild like to try the 175/75 with the fass system but I'm not sure of turbo choices at the moment. Would it be ok to run new sticks with a stock turbo for a while until I ger a new one and has anyone used the batmo or wicked wheels?...btw I don't tow over 10, 000 lbs maybe very very rarely

peixinho

Reaction score
You can use 175/75 with stock turbo. Just make sure you tuner pulls a little fuel or it will run super smokey.

You need to do a little research on the updates. They are different on different years of trucks.

No way on the batmo! Wicked wheel is a slight upgrade but will get no where near close enough to clean up 175/75

chromehound

Reaction score
What kind of love does the trans need if your wanting to do a 500hp daily driver?

If it's a stick I don't know anything beyond a better clutch and even that may not be needed.

Automatic is a whole different ball of wax and it really comes down to what you want to spend and your definition of a DD. There are some things that are pretty standard like a better converter and others that are more "good idea" things. (this is just my opinion)

When the time comes I'm looking at something between a stage 1 and stage 2 from Elite with a deep pan and DPC converter. But I plan to get some input due to the want/need to pull 10k+ from time to time.

http://www.elitedieselengineering.com/product/13810001/EDE-5R110-Transmission-For-60-Powerstroke/

Read some of the build threads and you'll find out a lot.

Latest posts

Members online