My intelligent self crimped-off my boost gauge feed line

always-strokin

Reaction score
Boost gauge isn't reading. Pretty sure its cuz I crimped the damn plastic tubing. Whats your guys suggestion to cutting the old piece and attaching new line where its crimped?

always-strokin

Reaction score
Because the special brass nurals that came w/ my gauge setup are probably screwed and I probably cant re-use them. So I'd have no way to clamp the tubing back into the gauge and back to the fitting in my intake.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Yeah, go to lowes, home depot, ace, or even most napa's around here have them. It's an 1/8th inch comp. fitting for poly line.

Reaction score
I have spliced the plastic tubing before with some good vacuum line that fit over the plastic line really tight and then clamped the splice with a zip tie on each side. I ONLY did that because I was in a pinch and needed a quick fix. I later replaced the line with new tubing and compression fittings.

As said before, you can get the fittings at many places. Autozone usually has a kit that comes with a bunch of the tubing and compression fittings for like $10 or so.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Oh that would be fantastic if autozone has a kit w/ the poly tubing AND compression fittings :eek:

edit:

Sahara: Will-do. Appreciate it.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Autozone might, but I don't shop there, management is anti 2nd. O'reilly's will have it... Or Napa.

Oh wow your right... I forgot about that guy who was busted and fired for that several mos ago. Good thinking. I've always been an advanced fan but autozone just happens to be closer. I've got a nappa a skeetin' distance away so I'll stop there tomorrow. Thanks bud.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Just an update.

Lowes, napa, value, and advanced.... none of the have 1/8" ANYTHING.

Any more suggestions on where to pickup the compression fittings or boost line kits?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.