My Little Build

pistolpete837

Reaction score
My headgaskets were blown, I figure I should add a few more things while we were in there.

New Mods:
arp studs
stock gaskets
precision wastegate
batmo wheel
rudy's ported rails
rudy's stage 1 valve springs
mbrp ic pipe
dirty diesel intake horn
mbrp 5" exhaust
gooseneck hitch

My buddies shop does primarily dodges, so he doesn't have a lift, but he does have fork lifts :rockon:. At last years rudy's dyno day I may 556/1060 with a mini maxx, intake, dpf/doc delete, airdog. How much do you think I will make know?

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Looks good, I did the same, deleted the egr hoping that was the puking issue, same shoes as you. I ended up tearing it down as well. I was all for the two forklifts but my cousin who helped me didn't want to so we ended up borrowing a lift and then bringing the chassis back to his shop where I tore it down just as you are doing.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Why the gate?

If you dont plan on running nitrous, Id ditch it.
Maybe add chromoly pushrods and/or a ported intake manifold

Id definitely ditch the dirty diesel intake horn/MBRP ic pipe and go with the No Limit CAC/intake pipe.

In any case, good luck with the build.

Last edited:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Why the gate?

If you dont plan on running nitrous, Id ditch it.
Maybe add chromoly pushrods and/or a ported intake manifold

Id definitely ditch the dirty diesel intake horn/MBRP ic pipe and go with the No Limit CAC/intake pipe.

In any case, good luck with the build.

This.

Scottbigred

Reaction score
I agree with them ^^ I wouldn't feel comfortable running aftermarket springs on stock pushrods. They are cheap insurance anyway.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
No limit pipe is the ticket. Way better flow and overall design.

Is there any thing to back this up, dyno testing, flow charts and so on. I'm not saying it is or isn't nor calling the product out, just legitimately wondering if there was any testing done to show any gains.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Is there any thing to back this up, dyno testing, flow charts and so on. I'm not saying it is or isn't nor calling the product out, just legitimately wondering if there was any testing done to show any gains.

Looking at the design, it's obvious that both sides of the intake manifold are getting flow distributed pretty equally. The No Limit elbow dumps air straight down into the manifold. The Flo-Pro/Dirty Diesel elbow does not. The flow of that elbow should supply plenty to the drivers side, but not nearly as much to the passenger side.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Looking at the design, it's obvious that both sides of the intake manifold are getting flow distributed pretty equally. The No Limit elbow dumps air straight down into the manifold. The Flo-Pro/Dirty Diesel elbow does not. The flow of that elbow should supply plenty to the drivers side, but not nearly as much to the passenger side.

Well that's kinda what I'm getting at, I mean in theory that sounds right but you have to remember not only is the air under pressure but the cylinders are also sucking in that air every time the intake valves open on either side. So other than looks I'm just curious if there is any difference in EGT, power and so on. I'm just curious if there has been any real world testing done to compare the two.

MINK

Reaction score

I agree. Product looks great and makes sense but what are the factual gains?

01PSD

Reaction score
Back to the RCD manifold discussion we go... :lookaround: LOL
Would the gains even be noticeable though? How would you test it?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Back to the RCD manifold discussion we go... :lookaround: LOL
Would the gains even be noticeable though? How would you test it?

Dyno and track would be the easiest way, other than that I guess you can put each on a flow bench but even then the dyno and track will tell the real story.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Dyno and track would be the easiest way, other than that I guess you can put each on a flow bench but even then the dyno and track will tell the real story.

Too many variables at the track. Using an indoor dyno with a controlled atmosphere would probably be the only way to determine which setup truly flows more.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Too many variables at the track. Using an indoor dyno with a controlled atmosphere would probably be the only way to determine which setup truly flows more.

There are variables but you could do a 5 run average with each set up and get a fairly accurate result.

Latest posts

Members online