My lowered/leveled '10 F250 CC/SB FX4...

Ronin

Reaction score
Before...

002-1.jpg

After...

041512Truckdetail001.jpg

And NOT finished, just got a whole lot done this weekend (along with a bunch of stuff I did before)...

• 4800# springs up front and deleted rear block ONLY (left helper spring in). There's less than 1/4 inch difference between front and rear.
  • Removed "FX4" sticker
  • Removed running boards
  • Tinted taillights/3rd brake light-cargo light/mirror side market lights (upgraded to LED bulbs)
  • Plastidipped wheels, mirror caps, front and rear bumpers, fender vents, grille and bugshield
  • Removed fender arches/mudflaps (going to plastidip them and reinstall)
  • Installed black (XLT) door handles
  • Blacked-out exhaust tips
I had been in the process of wrapping the entire truck in 3M matte black vinyl, but it was getting real tedious and I decided to start over. I pulled off the lower rocker border "pinstripe" which I guess Ford uses to cover up misaligned panels! The lower quarters are going to plastidipped too, along with reinstalling the fender arches and mudflaps after they're plastidipped. I have some 12mm rubber plugs on order to install in the pinch weld, which will also be plastidipped...

So it's not quite done yet, just happy to have finally made some progress!

Ronin

Reaction score
NICE LOOKS GOOD!!glad to see the chrome gone:clapping:

Thanks...HATED the chrome, once the lower quarters are matched and the arches and mudflaps are back on it should look even cleaner...

Real Nice! How does it ride now?

Thanks...not a lot of seat time since I just finished it but definitely much smoother, and compared to my buddy's lifted/leveled '08 F350 (ICON 2.5 kit) it's a Cadillac!

Ronin

Reaction score
Have you considered this??

Hee-hee...suffice it to say that "The Fonz" and I are close!

The new plastidip blue is pretty close to the Kona Blue you see on the new Boss Mustangs...

He also has some pretty crazy colors including orange and BRIGHT green. I was thinking about the blue on the sides and black on the hood/roof/tailgate and look like a gigantic Boss 302, or I could go blue on the sides and orange on the top...like a 4-ton Ford GT!

I'm gonna finish up this "phase" first and slow my roll for a week or two. The vinyl wrap was coming out excellent just massively time consuming and my buddy and I wrecked a couple of hundred dollars worth of it during the "learning curve"...

Plastidip ROCKS! You don't like it, peel it off. It gets scratched, give a quick blast with the rattle can and it's like it never happened. The Fonz has BIG chops, rattle-canning a $50K Audi RS4 in his driveway like a boss!

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've been considering buying his kit, but I can't decide whether I want to go with a crazy color or if if I should do it at all. I might just do my Focus to test durability.

Ronin

Reaction score
I've been considering buying his kit, but I can't decide whether I want to go with a crazy color or if if I should do it at all. I might just do my Focus to test durability.

It's pretty stout. Same stuff on the handles of your tools. Prep is ridiculous; soap and water. Washes the same way, just avoid car washes and power sprayers. If it gets scratched you can easily repair it by respraying it. You don't like it or it comes out goofy, peel it off.

It's coming in more and more colors, and if you want a glossy as opposed to matte finish you can get what's called "glossifier" now and go as shiny as you want!

Ronin

Reaction score
Good lookin setup, im def using that on a back bumper im picking up.

You'll probably need a little more than a full can, and it never hurts to a little extra lying around so grab yourself at least two cans. If you have trouble finding it locally just hit up The Fonz @ www.dipyourcar.com (I just like saying "The Fonz" whenever I can, he's actually a pretty cool guy) and order from him direct...

Ronin

Reaction score
Definitely a mod on my list! Looks sharp

Thanks!

Why the black handles? I like the matching handles much better.

Once the lowers get done and are also black they should help tie it all together, besides, with what I have in mind they're might not be any white left on the truck whatsoever!

Got some more seat time in it and it's riding very nice. Taking it down some nasty roads and it's doing quite well...

Ronin

Reaction score
Bought 2 cans of it today, they had to go to the back cause they sold out up front. They said there sellin alot.lol

It's most definitely catching on. It gets scratched? Spray it to touch it up. Don't like it anymore? Peel it off! They have more colors coming out too which means it will be even more prolific. I'm gonna let this grow on me a little bit before I decide whether or not to take the next GIANT step...

Ronin

Reaction score
I do, put they're not for sale, sorry. I keep all my take-offs for the most part (even that POS DPF!)

Latest posts

Members online