my problems..

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Guys if you google a cleaner called amazing roll off you will find a cleaner that works great for cleaning engines and what not, it was made for boats originally but it works great on diesel engines and it will actually make the aluminum look better, it's kinda costly but you can dilute it with water to get the most out of it.. You just lightly hose your engine down to get it damp spray on the amazing roll off let it work for maybe 10 minutes and just hose it off now on some areas you will obviously have to use a little elbow grease but like I said this stuff is AMAZING!

Here is a link to it
http://www.autogeek.net/amazingrolloff.html

Ouch

Reaction score
just cover intake and alt. right? I'll look at that site.. once we finish my dads garage its going to be detail time....

Lowdown89

Reaction score
just cover intake and alt. right? I'll look at that site.. once we finish my dads garage its going to be detail time....

Yes, that should do it, I also covered my glow plug relay and the wiring arund it just to be safe ... And I have came across a ton of pro quality set ailing chemicals on auto geek you wouldn't be able to tell from my truck but I greatly enjoy detailing things like under the hood and interior I just don't have a knack for things like buffing and polishing so I leave that to my friends

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I have soaked my engine, trans, undercarriage down with 50/50 Purple Power many times over the 300k miles I've put on my 7.3's. No issues with 'corroding' aluminum. Spray it on, blast it off 10min later. I use the pressure washer too! :eek: There is a generous amount of dielectric grease in every connector on my engine and I avoid blasting the ICP, GPCM and over near the PCM - but I don't even cover the alternator (I just don't blast it)! :p I generally spend more time on the underside of my trucks with the pressure washer than on the top. :p

Oh, and I FIXED the asshat mistake Ford made when they made engine valley drain dump into bellhousing on my 6spd. There is now a tube that connects the drain to outside the bellhousing preventing my clutch from ever being contaminated again!!!!

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
We were speaking of sSmple Green being an issue with alum not the purple piss. It actually caused the crash of a chinhook as it was being used to clean the helos etc and the rivets were alumin. It would get in the seams and erode the rivets and then finally pop pop pop, oh ****!! My birdy is bent and going down!!.

Why chance it.