My rebuild build

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
As many know I had blown head gskts and bad injectors
My injectors are still at full force diesel
This is my goal
I want to be a depenadable 500hp

I tore down my heads and inspected them I found some cracks
I took them to my machinist he said their junk I have a crack from exsuahst valve seat to intake seat

So I called empire diesel they have a killer deal on a set of heads

Im going to be using stock hgs and arp studs
I'm runing 190/75 now
I'm running my s366/68 still
But I want to change the exhsuast side for quicker spool up and get rid of that dreaded dead spot.

Anybody have any suggestions please talk

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I say keep the 66 and go 225s it will be well over your mark but if you ever want to turn it up you always can.

strokin6L

Reaction score
conventional 225's have been known to drop ICP if you don't have an upgraded HPOP. Not to sure i'd go 225's. I'd go as much as a 205 myself.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Sounds like a good build to me. I would be willing to bet that it will be well over 500hp.

kdogg85

Reaction score
I know divided up-pipes helped my 64 spin up faster when it was on my 6.0. I also had 2.25 up pipes going to it. If you tried that, you would have to ditch the expansion joints, not enough room. Or you may sqeeze a very tiny set in at the top, but they would almost be useless.

I had 205/100's and the lowest icp I saw was 3800psi at wot. That was on a hpop with 52k.

But getting rid of the factory y pipe does wonders for exhaust flow. If you compare it to a divided t3 flange, it is alot smaller.

MorganY

Reaction score
i would stay where your at on the housing size and move down to a 68 wheel. IMO. you don't want to go any bigger because it will be WAY worse. any smaller and your bp numbers will be through the roof if you don't have a gate

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
we have t4 uppipes on sale right now with our manifolds or you can use stock manifolds

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Sell your current turbo and get a MTW stage II turbo. Should spool a ton better and have no dead spots.

Iv thought about it but I hate vgt I love the feeling of a non vgt when it lights and the sound.

I have thought about running your set up craig.

What would be better

Divided up pipes and and a t3 housing ?size

Or should I go with a bd deverder valve?

Can some one give me some feed back on the deverder valves?

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
They can't do divided up pipes with a T3 flange. It is too small. I did ask about incorporating this though and they said they could adjust the up pipes for it...T3-T4 adapter:

BD%20T3-T4%20Adapter.jpg

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Message 06powerstroke he had our setup with a cast turbo that spools great and he tows with it
We could get you setup with a .83 t4 housing and uppipes

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
Definitly love my set up, i have a vid on my I phone towing 13K i will try and get it uploaded. As far as comparing t3 with diverter to craigs divided uppipes and T4 you cant its night a day different, Now that i have a work truck im debaiting going bigger:evil

Latest posts

Members online