My s475 winter project

swinky

Reaction score
Yea I'm going to look into it. It's almost like it can't grab the next gear quick enough.

You can manually bump up shift pressure on the Sct. "3-5 shift pressure" under adjustments I think. +20% is as high as you can go. The direct drive solenoids do wear out over time though, Steve@absolute performance has a nice upgraded DD solenoid for $150.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I've also heard some things about a later updated tcm flash from ford helping the earlier trucks like we have.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
You can manually bump up shift pressure on the Sct. "3-5 shift pressure" under adjustments I think. +20% is as high as you can go. The direct drive solenoids do wear out over time though, Steve@absolute performance has a nice upgraded DD solenoid for $150.

I completely forgot I could do that lol. I'll try that next time it goes in the race tune an if if doesn't help I'll look into te solenoids because it shouldn't do that. I only have maybe 2000-2500 miles on the trans so it shouldn't be worn out, I'm pretty sure we replaced them when it was down at suncoast.

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be careful man. With the power your making you could smoke a direct clutch in a hurry. Most trucks "flare" on the 3-5 shift. I bet you're blowing through the flare stage and just hitting the rev limiter. At least you have that pass under your belt. I'd love to have a truck to run 11.90 index at the nhrda events. On fuel to boot!

swinky

Reaction score
What's been done to your 475? I'm sure James could work with it. Or pm the guys at mpd, I think whitey was on a single 475 for a little while.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
That's what I been saying haha..... Small shot? Couldn't hurt to bad. Just back half a small nozzle. Coming out of the hole with it is where you have to get real worried

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haha man it's scary. But if I did it wouldn't e til the big end. Yea cant spray it like I use too. As soon as I saw green that button was down till I went through the traps lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigaF250

Reaction score
That's awesome. No I can't say much. I won't put juice on my truck as it is currently the only vehicle I have and the vehicle that runs my business. But one day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I emailed IDP he said the reason why I hit the limiter is because I'm pushing the limit of the trans and it's hard fr it to keep up with shifting at high rpms. He said pumping up the pressure may not help and if not he will re work the trans tune to shift off mph.

Jwarren

Reaction score
Bullseye 475 87/80 .90 turbine. That turbo was around for a few years sold it and had the chance to buy it back.
Long story short I lost lpop gears a few weeks back and it went out. Bill upgraded it to the new TCT.

You will gain from 87 turbine IMO

Latest posts

Members online