My setup kc stage 2

kwelch08

Reaction score
I will definitely keep you update. The throttle response is 10xs better, and at 65my egts never got above 750

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
7f3ebf8bba0b0a7102f0daa9851b91dd.jpg
I already know it's the wrong oil filter cap it's being changed tomorrow. Sorry I didn't get home until dark will try to get better pictures tomorrow

kwelch08

Reaction score
Don't you know there are people out here waiting!! No really glad you like it. Keep us updated
Stop thinking about it and go with this setup haha. After the tune the truck is crazy. It spools instantly and just wants to go. I'm on basically stock fuel except the blue spring and banjo bolts, and I'm holding right at 50psi of fuel pressure and WOT. I'm doing a fass system soon with the strictly diesel fuel bowl d-elete soon as I can. Really bro I love driving this truck even more now. Charlie at kc turbos is awesome to deal with. He response quickly and never acts like it's a problem to share his knowledge. By far the best customer service I have ever dealt with. You can't go wrong with the setup man.

kwelch08

Reaction score
Go for it man I love it haha. I don't know how well my neighbors like it since I leave at 4:30am for work haha.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Im glad you like your setup so much. You did your research and it is going to pay off. 190s and our stage 2 is becoming VERY popular. You cant beat the awesome spool up, power, drive ability, and towing ability.

kwelch08

Reaction score
Im glad you like your setup so much. You did your research and it is going to pay off. 190s and our stage 2 is becoming VERY popular. You cant beat the awesome spool up, power, drive ability, and towing ability.
Thank you. You helped me a whole hell of a lot. Wish there were more people as helpful as you have been.

lenzhotrod

Reaction score
A few questions. Who's tune are you running, what year is your vehicle, is your EBP sensor live or inferred, and do you know if the spill ports are open or closed on the injectors?

Reaction score
How's truck doing a week in? Towed any to check temps? I'm looking for best of both worlds , fast as I can with ability to tow. Kinda curious how setups going.

kwelch08

Reaction score
How's truck doing a week in? Towed any to check temps? I'm looking for best of both worlds , fast as I can with ability to tow. Kinda curious how setups going.
Everything is good. Tuesday I towed a 2015 lift cclb about 50miles after the guy busted his transmission cooler at work. It did really good, and never saw anything over 1000 on my egts. I'm extremely happy with it. Its a blast to drive, and fun to beat on the mustangs and Camaros on the highway. Their faces after getting drug by a 3/4 truck is priceless haha.

03cody

Reaction score
I will definitely keep you update. The throttle response is 10xs better, and at 65my egts never got above 750

Can you tell me what all mods you have? I have basically the same setup with but I have 75% nozzles on mine and it runs warm. At 65 my truck runs about 850-900. I don't have an aftermarket air cleaner but I dont know if that would make a 200 degree difference or not.

All in all you're right though, these trucks absolutely scream with this KC Stage 2 haha.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Can you tell me what all mods you have? I have basically the same setup with but I have 75% nozzles on mine and it runs warm. At 65 my truck runs about 850-900. I don't have an aftermarket air cleaner but I dont know if that would make a 200 degree difference or not.

All in all you're right though, these trucks absolutely scream with this KC Stage 2 haha.

What exactly is your setup? I saw you posted on the org also. It is so hard to compare setups like that and expect the exact same result because every truck is different and their are just so many factors to take into affect. Health of motor, who made injectors, what nozzles were used on the injectors, intake manifold, air filter, tires size, gear ratio, lift kit, elevation, outside air temp, tuning, etc... etc...

But I can tell you that the following items will help make the truck run cooler
smaller tires
more air in tires
less aggressive tread pattern
smaller/lighter rims
smaller nozzles
healthy motor
upgraded air filter
upgraded intake manifold
upgraded intercooler
lower elevation
cooler outside air temps
no lift
etc...

Tuning can also play a big affect

I have even seen small boost/ehxuast leaks cause a big difference.

Assuming stock tires, no lift, low elevation, and good tuning... then 800-900 cruising seems high for our stage 2 turbo

03cody

Reaction score
What exactly is your setup? I saw you posted on the org also. It is so hard to compare setups like that and expect the exact same result because every truck is different and their are just so many factors to take into affect. Health of motor, who made injectors, what nozzles were used on the injectors, intake manifold, air filter, tires size, gear ratio, lift kit, elevation, outside air temp, tuning, etc... etc...

But I can tell you that the following items will help make the truck run cooler
smaller tires
more air in tires
less aggressive tread pattern
smaller/lighter rims
smaller nozzles
healthy motor
upgraded air filter
upgraded intake manifold
upgraded intercooler
lower elevation
cooler outside air temps
no lift
etc...

Tuning can also play a big affect

I have even seen small boost/ehxuast leaks cause a big difference.

Assuming stock tires, no lift, low elevation, and good tuning... then 800-900 cruising seems high for our stage 2 turbo

Truck has 35s, 4 in lift, stock intake and intake manifold, 4 inch straight pipe, no exhaust or boost leaks, ******** tunes, motor only has about 5,000 miles on it, stock intercooler.

Sorry I don't mean to steal this thread and I know its hard to compare but I just feel like it runs too hot compared to everyone else. Other than the high temps though I love the turbo, It spools instantly and has a great powerband throughout the rpm range. I really think it would be super easy to tow with if I had some smaller injectors or even just some smaller nozzles.

Edit: Oh and Elite made the injectors

Latest posts

Members online