My Small 6.0 build/freshening up

MINK

Reaction score
The only group of guys I know that break down at a bar with a female bartender into diesel trucks.

Well duh - pretty sad when we're there so long the bartender adds us on Facebook and then proceeds to check us in at her bar LOL

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I was wondering how long this truck would make it before the goodies would get thrown at it. What turbo setup you gonna run?

01PSD

Reaction score
And you were just praising your 6.0 a few weeks back in another thread... LOL saying it was the best you'd had so far! Funny how this $hit happens huh? :doh: :fustrate:

Matt_P

Reaction score
Innovative tuned my truck with the bigger injectors/turbo and they came out really nice. I'm itching to try a tune from Matt (gearhead) too....

Yeah I wouldnt mind trying innovatives the big thing is Im really happy with my H&S and Id kinda like to stick with that right now

Dont be afraid to try out our tunes, even Matt will tell you to, look at Jakes truck :jammin:

Jared
River City Diesel

If it doesnt work out with custom tunes on my H&S Im definitely gonna try yours cause Jakes truck runs very strong!

the headgaskets were blown and not puking? LOL

Yep they were, nice clean spots around three of the pistons, but never once puked, there is a lot of stuff that doesnt make sense with this truck

The only group of guys I know that break down at a bar with a female bartender into diesel trucks.

hahaha hell yeah! That ended up being a great place to be stranded

how many teeth did she have?

All of them surprisingly LOL

At least they had cold beer

Oh yes they did! and only 1.50 too and the bartender only charged me for 5 of the around 20 I drank LOL

What Turbo do you plan on running?

Im thinking river city's 68mm powermax, Ive rode in a truck with that turbo and 205s and its really nice

It needs a 68mm Powermax if you ask me :redspotdance:

Jared

Thats what Im thinking! I love that turbo on Jakes truck

The more I've seen with other peoples trucks and my own, I think the 6leaker runs just fine with blown headgaskets, think of it more as water injection to keep the EGT's down LOL :doh:

Glad to hear you're getting it all fixed up too, should be a whole new animal when that cab comes down

hahaha, I think that goes beyond luck right there :pimp:

Hahaha I agree and thanks Im hoping it runs a lot stronger!

at least they could have something to talk about while waiting on you

Oh yeah there was plenty to talk about, it was definitely not a dull time

Well duh - pretty sad when we're there so long the bartender adds us on Facebook and then proceeds to check us in at her bar LOL

We are practically BFFs

I was wondering how long this truck would make it before the goodies would get thrown at it. What turbo setup you gonna run?

yeah I couldnt resist LOL and like mentioned above Im thinking the 68mm powermax.

You have the best of luck with trucks....

Tell me about it!

And you were just praising your 6.0 a few weeks back in another thread... LOL saying it was the best you'd had so far! Funny how this $hit happens huh? :doh: :fustrate:

HOnestly its still been the most reliable truck Ive had though, truck still ran really strong til that oil leak! Something had to break eventually though LOL

I really like the look of that truck! Sounds like your luck isn't all bad! haha

Thanks man! Its come a little ways since I bought it, Ive been happy with it

I should be heading down there tomorrow or thursday to get it all put back together, and forgot another big thanks to Matt for lending me his regular cab to drive all week!

Matt_P

Reaction score
At least this means forced upgrades, and you were stranded at a bar so thats a plus.

yeah both of those arent bad! plus the fummins isnt done yet so I had to make this one a little more fun to drive

Matt,

Shoot me a PM if your interested in a 68 Powermax, we can work something out!

Jared

Ill send you a PM!

Damn Matt that stinks! should be strong when you guys are all done with it. Good luck!

Yeah it was kinda ****ty but oh well, and thanks!

Where was it leaking oil?

Definitely coming out of the pins on the ICP sensor, and the whole valley was wet as well so thats why Im doing a new seal on the HPOP cover and the new oil cooler will have all new seals as well so that should fix the problems

Can't wait to see how this thing runs when its done, it definitely was a runner before i can only imagine now!

Thanks konnor, Im hoping itll run alright!

Matt_P

Reaction score
What made you go with RCD injectors over Warren? Especially with all the bad reviews...

My friend Matt whose shop my truck is sitting at does a ton of work with RCD and every set I know of that he has put in trucks has never had an issue, I know there has been bad reviews but Ive seen plenty of good sets from them so Im confident mine will work well. Only time will tell though.

Latest posts

Members online