My Stage 1 DuraStroke Thread

amarillo250

Reaction score
F-250-Owner, You need to do more driving and data write ups. We need to see how this Turbo performs under varios conditions. :)
Get the trailer hooked and start towing.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I will be contacting Vivian today for some updated tuning for my truck.... the tunes I run now are about 4 yrs old..... turbo is doing awesome though.... I love the throttle response.

Make sure you tell her you're running the MTW stage1. She's been working very hard to help me get the stage 2 figured out.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Easy Frank, not everyone can give as wonderful write ups, packed full of info like me!

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I am at work.... if I could pull my camper to work I would.... I actually did it once and the guards had to inspect it... I had alot of booze in it and all my gear for a weekend in the mountains...

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
^^^:whs:

I have one that should be shipping out today for Dozers for this very mod, I am really curious.....

It rus great in the street, but we were having problems dynoing it. I'll post more as soon as I get Bills track times.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
OK, so Bill took his truck to TS today a ran it. On his first pass he forgot to turn the speed limiter off (set to 100mph). This resulted in a 13.47@80mph. Apparently the truck shut down at 100mph and just coasted across the line. Good news is that he still beat the Dodge Dakota with a Cummins swap in the other lane. The next run ended in a destroyed plastic cold side pipe on Bills truck and a loss. This put him out even though he found a loaner tube as the officials would not let him buy in to the next race.

We still don't have any good numbers on this turbo, but we're trying guys. Bill is gonna spend some time tuning his truck and then take it to Commerce and race it again. I'll post more info as its available.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
so I got to take the camper for a little walk this weekend, didnt go far, about 40 miles, not really any big hills.... truck hardly knew it was there and the egts stayed nice and cool// between 850 and 950 just cruising along at 70 mph..... the immediate boost is something to get used to, if I gave it too much skinny pedal, it would spin, but when I eased into it..... it worked out very well.... Im trying to get into a campground this weekend over in Somerset pa, so I will get to pull it up my favorite mountains...

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
so I got to take the camper for a little walk this weekend, didnt go far, about 40 miles, not really any big hills.... truck hardly knew it was there and the egts stayed nice and cool// between 850 and 950 just cruising along at 70 mph..... the immediate boost is something to get used to, if I gave it too much skinny pedal, it would spin, but when I eased into it..... it worked out very well.... Im trying to get into a campground this weekend over in Somerset pa, so I will get to pull it up my favorite mountains...

I would like to hear a little more about this statement. I don't imagine that at 70mph you are getting ANY tirespin and if you are...... dyno that bitch, then take it to the track and make some money. I can maybe see tire spin being an issue from a stop and just stabbing the throttle, as the turbo spools and the fuel hits. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but that statement is a bit misleading. I'm just saying, your talking about 70mph and then the immediate boost causing tirespin. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what you're saying. A lot of guys are watching these threads and don't want them to think any of the testers are "embellishing" our real results.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
my truck will not spin at 70... it would do it up until about 30 mph....... I wish it would do a 70mph burnout.... the turbo will be used hard on friday, I will be towing about 175 miles with the camper and a truck load of firewood....... I will hopefully be able to get some pics and video, if there is wifi at the campground maybe I will post up the pics and video. the route will be 81 to 70 to 68 thru md.... get off at keysers ridge and take 40 to the campgound. there are some pretty mean hills on 68.. I blew my hgs hauling the camper and a truck load of wood up Sideling Hill which is about a 2 mile hill at 8-10% grade..... soory for the confusion... I would never embellish test results.... esp trying to say that my truck would spin at 70mph.

Fox hunt

Reaction score
I can't wait to get mine stage 1 now. I have a pmax and I can only break them loose up to 15-20 mph with proper tuning

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
I can't wait to get mine stage 1 now. I have a pmax and I can only break them loose up to 15-20 mph with proper tuning

Im breaking them loose while pulling my camper....I have never tried to intentionally break them loose... I cant afford tires as it is....lol. I am sure it will do it though without the camper.... I have never dona a boosted launch either, but really want to try one in 4hi about 15 psi.....

Fox hunt

Reaction score
Im breaking them loose while pulling my camper....I have never tried to intentionally break them loose... I cant afford tires as it is....lol. I am sure it will do it though without the camper.... I have never dona a boosted launch either, but really want to try one in 4hi about 15 psi.....

Thats impressive. Can only imagine what it is like without the trailer. Ya you need to do a boosted launch. It's a life changing experience lol

Latest posts

Members online