My truck is fully ******d moved to an area thats smog checks

mharring

Reaction score
I recently moved near reno. My truck is fully ******d and i wash going to trade if off today but they seen my trucks lack of required things. They took all most 6000$ off my trade due to this. Is there any way i can pass the smog check i think i know the answer is no but it never hurts to ask the comunity

OBS73

Reaction score
Even if you could get it to pass smog without the original smog equipment installed the dealer isn't going to give full trade value since they will have to replace it to sell it. Over where I am, dealers won't even take a ******d truck in on trade.

sootie

Reaction score
put it back to stock and trade it. should cost less than 5k to do...

Notneb

Reaction score
Try a different dealer, I traded my 2012 6.7 fully ******d, 3rd dealership didn't look cuz I didn't mention it...

silver6four

Reaction score
not trying to sound like a d!ck but i think this reason is why you KEEP everything you pull off for a time like this.. unless you bought it that way.. i know this does not help you in any way..just for other people that may see this.. good luck buddy... it really sucks to have to pull everything off in the first place to make our trucks run better and longer..

d.evil

Reaction score
Nevada doesn't have laws against tuners like California. So all you have to do is bolt the *** back in, flash back to stock, run it down for the smog then ****** it again. Find a stock EGR and have plugs welded in the ends if your EGR stuff is missing as well. Does the same thing as block off plates but looks stock. Your welcome to use my *** for a couple days to get it done if you like, I'm in Sparks.

Dusten

Reaction score
Dealers can't sell vehicles that don't meet emissions, and when you trade in a vehicle you are legally liable to inform them if the federal emissions equipment is removed. Your only option is to return it to stock.

Crack85

Reaction score
Drive it and trade it to a state or city that doesn't have smog laws

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

scorpion67

Reaction score
Its federal law but not many states enforce it if i understand correctly.. Wish i could say my truck had never been defiled by a smog machine

Sent from a Californian ruined by smog laws

jetskier

Reaction score
I recently moved near reno. My truck is fully ******d and i wash going to trade if off today but they seen my trucks lack of required things. They took all most 6000$ off my trade due to this. Is there any way i can pass the smog check i think i know the answer is no but it never hurts to ask the comunity

Sell it privately to someone living outside of Washoe County.

Dusten

Reaction score
Lol... Ain't no smog here..... My truck has never been hooked up to a smog machine..... EVER!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Whether the state checks you for it, its still a requirement.
Emissions standards are federal, emissions inspections vary.
See the difference...

So is Marijuana prohibition.

Ever been to Colorado?
Do you see what state I live in?

Latest posts

Members online