Nasty grinding noise, what to look for?

bigdirty

Reaction score
I get nasty grinding noises when i left my foot off the gas and at cruising speed, it will not happen when you accelerate. Its pretty hard to explain using words, almost like a gurgling miss is my best description. Its also pretty loud (you can hear it over the radio) I thought it was my turbo(shaft play and hard to turn)... so now i have a 05 turbo, the noise continued.

Truck starts right up and builds oil pressure quickly so that rules out the STC fitting i guess? It also vibrates more than it used to

So my question is what should i look for, what can i check ?

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Broken flexplate maybe. Buddy of mine had a similar issue and found his flexplate was broken round all of the bolts to the crank.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bigdirty

Reaction score
No codes... here is a video kind of hard to hear

Attachments

• VID 60 noise.zip
    333.1 KB · Views: 61

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
This is a long shot but its possible your throw out bearing is riding the pressure plate. Maybe its squealing when it decelerates?

Its also possible that you have a "teakettle" boost or drive pressure leak. Take a look around the firewall and see if you can find any soot coming from the up pipes. You might have a blown bellow.

bigdirty

Reaction score
This is a long shot but its possible your throw out bearing is riding the pressure plate. Maybe its squealing when it decelerates?

Its also possible that you have a "teakettle" boost or drive pressure leak. Take a look around the firewall and see if you can find any soot coming from the up pipes. You might have a blown bellow.

Bump

No boost leak or soot on firewall.

Still looking for opinions on this...

ckyguy68

Reaction score
Could be your exhaust hitting your spinning driveshaft when you let off the throttle and everything torques in the opposite direction. Happened on my truck. I would definately look at it.

Latest posts

Members online