Nav hack 2015 and removing Dash parts

GaMike

Reaction score
I am fixing to install a a Crux box behind factory radio. Anyone have any tips to removing dash and getting to radio?

ftast350

Reaction score
Screws behind the aux and pocket on either side of the brake controller an aux switches.

Jomax

Reaction score
You're trying to get nav? Please do tell. I didn't get the option and regret it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

brian_grayson

Reaction score
Would it not be easier to buy the navigation sd card should have got that option myself good luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

GaMike

Reaction score
No guys I have Nav. I used Crux box to do Nav in motion and also use the aux inputs in motion to watch video on the go, show gauge on display, etc. it's working great

GaMike

Reaction score
Wasn't hard to install either. Pulled dash and radio,. Have to use toggle to provide 12v when needed. About 1-1/2 hour job.

Jomax

Reaction score
Wasn't hard to install either. Pulled dash and radio,. Have to use toggle to provide 12v when needed. About 1-1/2 hour job.

Can't use have 12v at all times?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
There's probably no other way to have factory nav without the whole new radio is there? It's not that I really need it often, but it would be handy if it was just an upload addition.

CUZICAN

Reaction score
There's probably no other way to have factory nav without the whole new radio is there? It's not that I really need it often, but it would be handy if it was just an upload addition.

As far as I know, you have to change out the brain to the radio and I posted the link to the company that offers that on the previous page, but it isn't cheap.
I've seen a company in Australia that has managed to hack in to the stock unit and add Garmin software, but I haven't seen anyone in the U.S. doing that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online