Navigation swap

Cknox121

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the navigation head unit out of a 2009 will swap into my 2008?

Any write ups or bullets on this?

Thanks

Cody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the navigation head unit out of a 2009 will swap into my 2008?

Any write ups or bullets on this?

Thanks

Cody

pretty sure it will.

me2

Reaction score
pretty sure it will.

Absolutely not. The late 2008 and later nav units require a different harness and a bunch of mucking around to upgrade. I have an early 2008 and would love to upgrade to the later 2008 nav unit, which has sync, etc. Its a very complicated, expensive process.

Emery19

Reaction score
Absolutely not. The late 2008 and later nav units require a different harness and a bunch of mucking around to upgrade. I have an early 2008 and would love to upgrade to the later 2008 nav unit, which has sync, etc. Its a very complicated, expensive process.

i didnt think the super duty got sync till 2009. i have a late 08 and no sync. but no nav either.

stroker96

Reaction score
Best bet is to get an aftermarket unit (pioneer, kenwood) with Bluetooth, Nav, etc..
I just went through this same thing and I'm glad I went with my pioneer unit.

me2

Reaction score
Best bet is to get an aftermarket unit (pioneer, kenwood) with Bluetooth, Nav, etc..
I just went through this same thing and I'm glad I went with my pioneer unit.

Put a Pioneer into my wife's car. I'd much rather have a factory unit. The displays are better, for one. The Ford Sync units are pretty good.

Customsound

Reaction score
What about swapping one into a 2010 that doesn't have nav now ? It has a back up camera and sync . Should I go aftermarket or factory ?

Badland

Reaction score

I have a 08 with Nav and steering wheel controls and the only extra cable I see is for the satellite radio

And on a side note they didn't come with sync till 09 I think it might even be '10?

And mine is for sell if you are looking for one in great shape 400 shipped

Cknox121

Reaction score
I have a 08 with Nav and steering wheel controls and the only extra cable I see is for the satellite radio

And on a side note they didn't come with sync till 09 I think it might even be '10?

And mine is for sell if you are looking for one in great shape 400 shipped

Pm me

Members online

No members online now.