Need 4X4 help

kersey1999

Reaction score
Ok guys are you ready for an update. Here is what I found, I removed both outer hubs, needless to say they were stuck and in bad shape. The passenger side front shaft was also worn, I believe it was where the dealership attempted to put it back together and did not get the clip on right, it was hanging in the hub grease. Needless to say after a new front shaft and two new hubs 4x4 is working to my liking! Now I have to try it out in the back yard to see if it works there. I tested everything out in the air, so tomorrow will stand the true test...Wish me luck!

kersey1999

Reaction score
Sorry, I had thought that I had told you all what was going on. So I get the truck in the backyard and hook up to my 16foot trailer (my original intention from the start of this mess). As I begin to easy out, al is good, I continue to pull, all is good, as I start heading up the steep part of the hill....still good. Man I love this truck, even though I was a little pissed in the beginning 4x4 is working well and I am more confident that I will not get stuck where I go. Now my sons and I can go take our 4 wheelers out riding and not have anything to worry about with the truck. Thanks for all the tips and the videos to help me in the right direction.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Glad you got her going man!

Funny thing, my t case motor just took a **** on me and on a morning we just got 8" of drifting snow. :( I had almost forgotten how almost useless these heavy beasts are in slippery crap with no 4x4. Lol

Lassie

Reaction score
Just in case you ever go back in there.....a worn shaft usually indicates a bad spindle bearing in the wheel hub. That'll probably involve a new hub and knuckle seal though.

Latest posts

Members online