Need a HPOP

casexx

Reaction score
I have a 99 international 4700 with a 7.3L in it. I've cleaned the IPR and replaced the LPOP. The truck will start and run perfect cold but when up to temp. it shuts off. with the HPOP dead headed to a guage it only makes 150-200 P.S.I.. when cold the HPOP will make 4,000 P.S.I. so i'm assuming my HPOP is junk, If this sounds right to y'all could someone point me in the direction of where to get a new pump (stock replacement) cheap and relatively close bye? And the HPOP reservoir is full at all times as well.

I'm located in Murphy,N.C. which is the far west tip of N.C. thanks in advance for any and all help.

golfer

Reaction score
replace the IPR...

'cleaning' the IPR doesn't guarantee that it's in any good...

ToMang07

Reaction score
replace the IPR...

'cleaning' the IPR doesn't guarantee that it's in any good...

^That, plus no way it's making 4,000psi, and I don't believe it will run with the pressure much below 400psi....should be over 450psi just cranking!

neverkickn

Reaction score
^That, plus no way it's making 4,000psi, and I don't believe it will run with the pressure much below 400psi....should be over 450psi just cranking!

If you have the pump dead headed into a gauge block without the icp sensor reading that pressure, then the pressure will begin to climb until the truck starts, or the pump can't make any more. I dont doubt that he saw a 4k spike on his hpo gauge while cranking with it conected directly to his gauge.

OP, your hpop diagnostic procedure is sound. Like Golfer said, replace the ipr with a new one and if you still have the problem, and the reservoir is full, then replace the pump.

Latest posts

Members online