NEED A NON RESTRICTIVE MUFFLER

Skcbb

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm wanting to get a muffler for my 05 f250. I have a 4" turbo back exhaust and just had CUTTING EDGE DIESEL do a bunch of mods. I would like to find a muffler that's quiet. I'm hoping you guys can point me to a muffler that non restrictive and quiet. I don't want to lose any power but would like to quiet it down. Thanks for your help. I'll list the set up I'm running.
Industrial Injection 190 injectors
ARP studs and OEM head gaskets
Garrett Powermax turbo
Air dog II
sinister EGR delete Kit, Oil cooler and intake gaskets
STC HPOP Fitting update kit
Fuel pressure spring
Banjo bolt
Edge Insight CTS with fuel pressure and egt.
Air aid cold air intake
4" turbo back exhaust

windrunner408

Reaction score
I highly recommend just getting a Magnaflow muffler from Summit Racing. They are a straight through design and sound great. I wouldnt think you would lose any power whatsoever. I use to run one before I did the stack. I still might go and stick one underneath even though I have the stack.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I have always had good luck with mbrp. sounds stock in the cab under half throttle.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
Order a 40" Donaldson muffler. Straight through design but does a great job toning the volume down. Also, it isn't a packed muffler so it won't kill the turbo sound.

a6937b8f-20f0-e261.jpg

Rydertruckfleet.com has them for around 80 bucks shipped to your door.

Skcbb

Reaction score
Order a 40" Donaldson muffler. Straight through design but does a great job toning the volume down. Also, it isn't a packed muffler so it won't kill the turbo sound.

a6937b8f-20f0-e261.jpg

Rydertruckfleet.com has them for around 80 bucks shipped to your door.
Thanks for the input guys. I have an AERO 40-40 i think right now and I'll keep it unless I can make it much quieter. Mikeh I've read about Donaldson and they sound like what I'm looking for, are you using one? I'd love to be able to hear the turbo over the exhaust at full throttle. Thanks again to all for the help.

fulton327

Reaction score
Summit also has a flowmaster for diesel truck that is in 4in. I had one on my truck for awhile it was to quite for me so I went straight pipes. That muffler would probably be what you were looking for. Its not a straight trough though it uses there internal deflection design.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I have an AERO 40-40 i think right now and I'll keep it unless I can make it much quieter. Mikeh I've read about Donaldson and they sound like what I'm looking for, are you using one? I'd love to be able to hear the turbo over the exhaust at full throttle. Thanks again to all for the help.

I ran it on both my 03 commonrails and loved it. It knocked back the loudness of the cummins but still had bark to it. I will post my YouTube link shortly.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
like dat bully dog sticker in the last video :D

I did too until I quit being cheap and bought a smarty with TNT software.

Now I have to find another sct since mine was stolen and the dealer reflashed my truck. The thief did about 7k worth of damage and stole about 400 bucks worth of tool plus my oakleys...

Latest posts

Members online