Need a tool ASAP

Jake P

Reaction score
I need to find the tap to remove 7.3 injector cups, and i need to find one ASAP. I borrowed one from a guy and in the process of the job, managed to break the corner of the bottom of the tap, so it doesn't work worth a **** now. I can't find one for much less than $500, and i don't have that kind of money. That's damn near 2 paychecks for me. So if anyone here has one, or knows of a place i can get one cheaper, please let me know.

The part is a 1-1/4" - 20 UN tap. OTC part #014-00934-1

Big Bore

Reaction score
I think Smut is up in the 6.0 forum, and hewhoisdookey is in AWOL.

Oh you meant like to work on your truck. LOL

The tool by itself from Rosewood is $250

Jake P

Reaction score
Renting one isn't going to help me. I need to replace one of someone else's that i broke. The one from rosewood isn't the same at the one I broke. The one he had is just a tap with a threaded hole at the top to screw a slide hammer in to. If i cant find one like the one he had though I'll just have to go that route and hope he isn't too pissed about it.

Jake P

Reaction score
I think Smut is up in the 6.0 forum, and hewhoisdookey is in AWOL.

Oh you meant like to work on your truck. LOL

The tool by itself from Rosewood is $250

Yeah, not that kind of tool, i need one that actually does something useful. LOLLOLLOL

Stroken7.3

Reaction score
I think the one Rosewood has is suposed to be the best one out, might be an upgrade from the one you broke and you'll save yourself some money. I would ask your buddy what he prefers.

Jake P

Reaction score
Ill have to do that. It just pisses me off that i borrowed the tool to save some money, now i am buying a tool that i cant even keep. I shoulda just bought the damn tool to begin with, id actually be ahead then. :doh:

Jake P

Reaction score
No but he didn't want that kind. I'm just gonna buy that kind anyway and if he don't like it he can go *** himself. The one from rosewood is better anyway since it allows the job to be done in cab without removing the heads. If he bitches he is a dumb ***.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
No but he didn't want that kind. I'm just gonna buy that kind anyway and if he don't like it he can go *** himself. The one from rosewood is better anyway since it allows the job to be done in cab without removing the heads. If he bitches he is a dumb ***.

If you broke a tool of mine and didn't replace it with that exact tool and got the one I told you I didn't want instead and proceeded to call me a dumb *** ... I believe we wouldn't be friends anymore and I'd probably hit you a couple times.. in the face.... just sayin

Big Bore

Reaction score
Wow man, dude loans you a tool, you break it, and he's the dum***? I could see telling him you couldn't afford the one he had and offer him the one you can temporarily, but jeez man, even I'm not that much of an azzhole.

Snake

Reaction score
What I said......

Note to self. Don't loan Jake any tools.

What I was thinking.......

If you broke a tool of mine and didn't replace it with that exact tool and got the one I told you I didn't want instead and proceeded to call me a dumb *** ... I believe we wouldn't be friends anymore and I'd probably hit you a couple times.. in the face.... just sayin

Wow man, dude loans you a tool, you break it, and he's the dum***? I could see telling him you couldn't afford the one he had and offer him the one you can temporarily, but jeez man, even I'm not that much of an azzhole.

LOL

Atsah

Reaction score

:doh:

Jake P

Reaction score
So now I'm the bad guy because I can't find the exact thing i broke because they don't make it anymore? And because the one they make now is BETTER than the one I broke? I'm trying to do what i can. If i was gonna be a dick id just say screw it and not to anything about it. Apparently doing the only thing you are capable of doing is frowned upon here. Personally, if someone broke something of mine and offered to replace it with something better, I'd be more than happy to accept that, as a matter of fact, i would RATHER they do that. :doh:

That would be like someone totaling my truck, and offering a brand new fully loaded 2011 free of charge for a replacement, and instead i say no, i want a black, 2000, ECSB with 148k miles on it.

I may have taken the language a bit far because i was pissed when i posted but the concept remains the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online