Need advice.... Swamps T4i S366 and Hypermax to S369 SXE

superpsd

Reaction score
I can pull back PW until they are completely clean but the power level is not much more than a stock rig. On my hot tune I have to roll in. I was going to try the KC38R but I would still need a pedestal and my old up pipes could use replacement and once you add that up it is north of the cost of a T4 setup.

superpsd

Reaction score
Not much change in economy. I am still new to tuning but it heck it runs. Was nerve wracking the first time I pulled a heavy grade at 3000 rpms knowing my tunes were running injectors I welded and modified without a flow bench. Egts are lower than stock sticks.

nossliw

Reaction score
Well this will be my last post about this mess... Truck runs fantastic, drove it about 40 miles so far. This morning it was about 20 degrees out and i left it out on purpose. Fired right off, smooth idle, minimal white smoke, cleaned up within a 100 feet in the throttle down the road... made it to my other job without a hitch.

Now for the good part, for those of you considering a 369 over a 366, its a hands down no brainer IMO. It reacts much similar to a small 4 series turbo. The flow is incredible for a 3 series, and spools pretty darn close to the 366 in there, tiny bit slower in my opinion... and I could only see this based upon the logging we did.

For comparison on the old setup, all issues put aside, we were in the 24 psi mark at WOT in a stock tune that was extremely smoky and hot, 1300 was pretty easy to grab in a stock tune. This morning it hit 32psi in the stock tune unloaded at 3200rpm in second gear. No the quickest off the line from a dead stop as if it had a 1.00 on it, but the top end is incredible, and she is pretty well lit at 2-2200 rpm, around 20-22 psi. I haven't really felt a truck when spooled like it wants to keep going. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but say if the limiter was raised to 4000 rpm it feels like it would continue to pull harder all the way there. My .91 feels like its about done around 3000 rpm and has peaked out.

The biggest thing I noticed and is the reason we were not all too worried about the 1.15 housing, is it runs very cool. On the WOT runs to about 95 mph I saw 1100 once and 1050 was usually the peak. My little 160s run hotter than that with the .91 366 in a stock tune. Truck is extremely clean in the smoke department too. Well done by GH for getting that nailed.

He will be towing with it on Friday to the track, and that will be the test for heat. I ran it in the mild tune, one up from stock, and spiked the gauge from 20-40 in a split second and let out. We will have a few more things to do before he can run around in anything more than that.

Yes I know this is small beans for a lot on here running big sticks and big turbines. That was not our goal, and I was simply trying to post up what we ended up with.

In the real world the proper thing to do would have been to dyno both setups and compare graphs of where its making power and what difference there is between the TQ/HP curves. I am trying to relay what I have experienced seat of the pants on different trucks including my own, as well as the original setup and list the improvements that were made to it. I sure would like to see a set of graphs from the big names out there to truly see what shows. I know my 366 was rated around 550 hp... for only11% increased flow to the 369, it surprises me they rate it at 1000... I know these are not specific to a diesel, but from a seat of the pants experience I don't think they were too far off on that rating jump... yes it was a decent difference.

Hope that makes sense. It wasn't all apples to apples comparison, but its the best I could do. I am impressed with the performance even at a 1.15 housing.... I'm sure there will be others that say different, that is fine. I'm always open to recommendations to make it better, and see the difference, gains in their experience...

Latest posts

Members online