Need clutch for a 7.3 Powerstroke

Dustin F2504x4

Reaction score
I am needing clutch for my 01 f250 7.3 powerstroke 6speed. It has 38s and is around the 400 to 450hp I need a good clutch to handle the power and some towing.
Let me know thanks Dustin

jaybuller

Reaction score
For a cheaper alternative I went with a SB 1939cb it is around 600 and comes with the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. So you'll have to have your stock flywheel resurfaced and put in a new pilot bearing.
Ilovemine, it is a little harder to push than a stock clutch pedal but it engages smooth and holds the power(supposed to hold 450hp)

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
For a cheaper alternative I went with a SB 1939cb it is around 600 and comes with the clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing. So you'll have to have your stock flywheel resurfaced and put in a new pilot bearing.
Ilovemine, it is a little harder to push than a stock clutch pedal but it engages smooth and holds the power(supposed to hold 450hp)

Glad to hear this!! I was wondering if you got the time to toss it in there!

jaybuller

Reaction score
Glad to hear this!! I was wondering if you got the time to toss it in there!

yep I had it in there the day I got it. I had my tranny pulled and the old one off the day before and had the flywheel resurfaced and put in a new ford pilot bearing. One thing I will say is that if your going from the stock clutch like I was to an aftermarket one with stronger hub springs that the gear rollover noise goes way up.. It bothered me for about 50 miles but now I don't notice it.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes I hear you there on the extra noise, also with the different sound then normal.

My next clutch will be a DD clutch.. I need the extra holding power my 500HP clutch slips when I stepped on it.. Then again i might just de-tune it enough so the clutch can hold it..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.