Need exterior opinions

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
You are correct. There were multiple bubble spots on the white truck where the paint pulled away. This could just have been defective paint, as the tan truck did not do this when I removed molding from it...

That doesn't give me a ton of confidence. Is it the same type of tape holding the molding on that hold like the powerstroke badge on?

TyCorr

Reaction score
I say lose the molding if you're in a road salt area at all... they kill paint and make rust...

My trucks got 265k miles and I live in the salt belt. Last year when I took mine off to get em painted I hand rubbed the area where they go and it looked the same as the rest of the paint. I DID have the factory lariat boards on mine though. Just took em off two months ago.

Im keeping my molding though. Black truck would be too boring with nothing to break the sea of black up.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I say lose the molding if you're in a road salt area at all... they kill paint and make rust...

I think that's what I'm gonna do the truck is completely rust free it gets put on the lift every 2 weeks in the winter and gets washed and waxed so I hope the paint is fine under the molding. And if its not I would rather know now before it turns into a bigger problem. Hiding it under the trim doesn't make it go away. Thanks for all the input guys I'm moving this weekend so hopefully in 2 weeks I can get the molding pulled and give it a full detail.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.