Need Fuel Maverick ASAP

drservo

Reaction score
Took my truck to Ford for a squeak I couldn't find. Ended up being my rear 2 piece wheel coming apart. 6 bolts were missing 2 broke off and the rest were finger tight. Nice especially when I was pulling 5th wheels all weekend. My distributor can't find one anywhere or anything on line. It's a 2 piece chrome/black D260 20-23.50 -19 offset, need one quick trucks on the lift at ford waiting.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Is this fairly common with two piece wheels ? I was just scoping that exact wheel for my new truck...
e4ef271cb4b5a2317a173aaa0eba7c6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
to far in for safety ?
I would be afraid of them now unless i could figure out it was caused by something and not a design issue ?
6 months they should still have warranty has fuel been contacted

not that you asked LOL

drservo

Reaction score
Too far in as 2k spent, yea that one is covered under warranty but there are none available and the ones in production are going to have a different chroming process that prob won't match the other 3.

FX44AU

Reaction score
If none of the forum sponsors have them try contacting Mr. Wheel Deal. They may have them and will get back to you almost immediately.

Zmann

Reaction score
you sure on your spec ?

i see these when i search Fuel Maverick 20x14 8x170 -76mm Black/Machined Wheels Rims

Last edited:

Zmann

Reaction score
they are rated at 3500 each ( avg for most rims) so he didn't overload with the 5er

jcain

Reaction score
they are rated at 3500 each ( avg for most rims) so he didn't overload with the 5er

Oh ok, I must've missed where he disclosed what 5vr he was towing and it's tongue weight and truck configuration.

Zmann

Reaction score
you know a fiver that has a 4k plus hitch weight ? seems like a whole lot

not to mention it would need to be well over that to actually be an issue for the rim
if it was truly designed right and up to the rating plus safety margin
even my big ass truck camper is 4k and technically overloads the rims capacity

i think it's the two piece design myself but getting a failed rim analyzed isn't easy
so we can guess all day long

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
A 2 or 3 piece wheel from a company with TUV certs will be as strong or stronger than a 1 piece wheel. Fuel probably doesn't have that cert as very few places do but hopefully they still put some effort into their stuff.

drservo

Reaction score
The wheel was damaged and squealing before I pulled this weekend, had been doing it for about a week. I have only pulled one other time since new. Camper is about 14k lbs.

Latest posts

Members online