need HELP ASAP!!!

GrantsGarage

Reaction score
1999 f-350 4x4
just replaced torque converter and flexplate started it up and it pulled out of the garage and went around the block not even half a mile, came back parked it and got somthing to eat come back out to move the truck and it will not move, in any gear 1st 2nd drive reverse and only starts in nuetral,
i pulled the cooler lines off and crunk it to drain some old fluid and fluid is not ocming out of the lines,,,,does that mean a bad pump in the trans?

TARM

Reaction score
Sounds like the trans selector switch is out of alignment or bad. But I think others are more qualified to answer this.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Sounds like the trans selector switch is out of alignment or bad. But I think others are more qualified to answer this.
^^^WHS^^^ When I had my trans rebuilt a few months back it did the same thing. Got it all put back together and no start. Crawled under it and loosened the gear selector switch and moved it a couple mm and it fired right up.

sent from my little slice of heaven (the bathroom)

TARM

Reaction score
So did that fix the issue.? It actually has to be aligned. Thee is a notch mark IIRC. I think Ford makes a spec tool for it as well. You can do it without by messing with it. Then you can set the cable linkage tension by having some one hold the gear selector under tension in Park. Then tighten. The other open and is in the tech manual is to hang a weight on it for precise tension. Can not recall the amount. That should take care of both the gear switch setting and proper tension and alignment with the various gear selector settings on the shifter.

Latest posts

Members online