NEED HELP! bunch of upgrades now no oil pressure

TX_S

Reaction score
ok so i have a 2008 and i did a single turbo setup on it as well as some other mods ill put a list for yall to get an idea of what i did.

MPD oil cooler delete plate
Mishimoto 25 row dual pass oil cooler
Remote mount screw on type filter housing
oil lines made from 2 wire hydraulic hose
S467.7 FMW from MTP 67.7/74/.91
Single turbo pedestal and piping from Midwest Diesel Auto
MPD Fuel bowl delete
Mishimoto intercooler
Gearhead tunes on H&S
FloPro piping
fass pump

motor was previously:
Studded
Hamilton springs/pushrods
egr delete
diamond eye 5" exhaust
6.0 manifolds
Rudy's hd up pipes
full billet trans and convertor

when i fired it i got a rough high idle (1100rpm) and the oil light came on so i killed it and checked the oil. added 2 quarts to compensate for the new lines and cooler. tried it again and the light was still on after clearing all codes.

then i out a manual guage on the delete plate and got no oil pressure.
it threw these codes:
p0193 Fuel Rail Pressure A circuit high input
p0101 MAF/VAF circuit range/performance
p0118 ect circuit high input
p0113 iat circuit high input

i didnt have a MAF sensor to put in it getting it from the ford house tomorrow. i moved the intake air temp and MGP sensors the driver side of the intake to clear the 5.5" inducer on the turbo and the No Limit intake. ill recheck tomorrow but im pretty sure i didnt cross any wires. the coolant temp sensor is plugged in but im still getiing the code which is weird cause engine was cold.

as far as the Fuel rail pressure problem im not sure where to start. i wasnt sure how to set up the regulator that i got from MPD but i didnt think it would cause a high rail problem and i could adjust it while idling.

so my biggest issues right now are the oil situation and the rail pressure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
ok so i have a 2008 and i did a single turbo setup on it as well as some other mods ill put a list for yall to get an idea of what i did.

MPD oil cooler delete plate
Mishimoto 25 row dual pass oil cooler
Remote mount screw on type filter housing
oil lines made from 2 wire hydraulic hose
S467.7 FMW from MTP 67.7/74/.91
Single turbo pedestal and piping from Midwest Diesel Auto
MPD Fuel bowl delete
Mishimoto intercooler
Gearhead tunes on H&S
FloPro piping
fass pump

motor was previously:
Studded
Hamilton springs/pushrods
egr delete
diamond eye 5" exhaust
6.0 manifolds
Rudy's hd up pipes
full billet trans and convertor

when i fired it i got a rough high idle (1100rpm) and the oil light came on so i killed it and checked the oil. added 2 quarts to compensate for the new lines and cooler. tried it again and the light was still on after clearing all codes.

then i out a manual guage on the delete plate and got no oil pressure.
it threw these codes:
p0193 Fuel Rail Pressure A circuit high input
p0101 MAF/VAF circuit range/performance
p0118 ect circuit high input
p0113 iat circuit high input

i didnt have a MAF sensor to put in it getting it from the ford house tomorrow. i moved the intake air temp and MGP sensors the driver side of the intake to clear the 5.5" inducer on the turbo and the No Limit intake. ill recheck tomorrow but im pretty sure i didnt cross any wires. the coolant temp sensor is plugged in but im still getiing the code which is weird cause engine was cold.

as far as the Fuel rail pressure problem im not sure where to start. i wasnt sure how to set up the regulator that i got from MPD but i didnt think it would cause a high rail problem and i could adjust it while idling.

so my biggest issues right now are the oil situation and the rail pressure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The oil lights on our trucks are switches and don't really measure oil pressure. They don't even have any connection to the PCM (only the dash cluster) I would get a real gauge on it to measure pressure. It could just be a bad oil pressure sensor. (straight from the 6.4 CTB)

EOP (Engine Oil Pressure) • The EOP (Engine Oil Pressure) is a switch that closes a circuit to ground after engine oil pressure reaches approximately 5-7psi. • This switch controls the oil pressure gauge on the instrument panel. When pressure is above 7psi the gauge will read normal and if the pressure drops below 5 psi the gauge will show 0. •The information from the switch is not sent back to the ECM in any way and is to be used as a reference only.

TX_S

Reaction score
i put a manual gauge on it and didn't get any pressure after it idled for about 10-15secs so i shut it off

so the oil light isnt really a tell all then?

78f100

Reaction score
How long has it ran since all the oil related work has been done?. Its going to take a little bit to fill all the lines and cooler.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
i put a manual gauge on it and didn't get any pressure after it idled for about 10-15secs so i shut it off

so the oil light isnt really a tell all then?

Yup but if you didn't get pressure on a manual gauge the oil light is doing its job and telling you no pressure. If you had the right amount pressure and the light was on it would be wrong.

White_monster

Reaction score
I'd be willing g to say your system is full of air still. Disconnect the Hpfp harness and crank the engine, that will prime the oil system without actually running the engine.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I'd be willing g to say your system is full of air still. Disconnect the Hpfp harness and crank the engine, that will prime the oil system without actually running the engine.

How long has it ran since all the oil related work has been done?. Its going to take a little bit to fill all the lines and cooler.

^ Listen to these guys they got very good experience with rebuilding these 6.4's.

TX_S

Reaction score
yeah we were thinking it could still be full of air, when i took the cooler off the other day it had a good bit of oil in it but i don't think it seemed full. i will prefill the lines and cooler and see if that changes anything. im gonna guess that the hpfp sensor to unplug would be the one coming from the passenger side head to the hpfp on the front right corner?

right not i would say it has a total of maybe 2 minutes of run time on it

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
i would second the notion for oil in the system.

aside from your issues, sounds like its going to be a good running truck! that is exactly what i want to do to mine when the $ is right lol. any pictures of your setup, and of the remote oil cooler / filter housing?

TX_S

Reaction score
Any hints in the rail pressure issue and how to adjust the regulator?

TX_S

Reaction score
didnt get pics tonight but ill get them tomorrow. spent the whole time tryin to figure out the oil issue. i took the pressure sensor off the delete plate and cranked the motor with the hpfp unplugged and the oil level in the plate didnt move. so i pulled the plate out and there was a little oil and coolant in the valley. if i remember correctly the 6.4 is supposed to be completely dry? kind thinking it may have come out of the passages when i took the delete plate loose. orings on the plate were good.

i was told to try pouring some oil down the pressure passage in the block to the pump that maybe its lost prime. Anyone ever done this?

TX_S

Reaction score
didnt get pics tonight but ill get them tomorrow. spent the whole time tryin to figure out the oil issue. i took the pressure sensor off the delete plate and cranked the motor with the hpfp unplugged and the oil level in the plate didnt move. so i pulled the plate out and there was a little oil and coolant in the valley. if i remember correctly the 6.4 is supposed to be completely dry? kind thinking it may have come out of the passages when i took the delete plate loose. orings on the plate were good.

i was told to try pouring some oil down the pressure passage in the block to the pump that maybe its lost prime. Anyone ever done this?

TX_S

Reaction score
So.... ROOKIE MISTAKE! I put the lines to the oil filter backwards so it was trying to run backwards through the filter and was building plenty of pressure on one side and none on the other �� hopefully get the down pipe finished up today gotta cut a weld in an extension in it and address the high rail pressure. Pics and start up vids coming!!!

TX_S

Reaction score
So still have a high/rough idle. Says rail pressure is too high but the scanner shows 5800psi at 1100rpm

TX_S

Reaction score
It's gearhead tuning and I didn't think it was high either. Fixed the rough idle there was a bad connection on the passenger side injector harness

Latest posts

Members online