Need help e99 4r100 sloppy shift

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
Please help me with this stupid 2-3 slip shift. At light throttle it engages to 3rd in increments, and at wot it slams in. I've cleaned the contaminated connector and inspected the harness but no help. How do I post a video of the problem by the way?

DcMoore

Reaction score
Try cleaning, wiggling, inspecting the 104 pin connector at the pcm.. I'm assuming you don't have any tranny codes too..

Also check your connections at the tranny harness on the inner fender.

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
Internal check on pcm good, 104 pin pcm connector good, internal gem inspection good, gem connectors good, Trans connectors on inner fender good

durflinger92

Reaction score
If you get on the accelerator more than 1/4 throttle does it shift smooth or not cuz sometimes that helps mine out

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
Shifts smooth but when engaging to third it will lock in third in three steps in 3 increments of 200 rpm or so. You will feel the initial shift and see it on the the tach, but after the shift the tach will drop couple hundred rpm twice afterward

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Internal check on pcm good, 104 pin pcm connector good, internal gem inspection good, gem connectors good, Trans connectors on inner fender good
What does the GEM have to do with shifting? And how would one do an internal check?

What does the fluid look and smell like? Red, brown, or black? Does it have a burnt odor?

Latest posts

Members online