Need help guys! Crank no start

Trohrer01

Reaction score
Ok just got my truck back from having hd pistons, arp's, 6.0 manis, hd up pipes and a few other goodies. Been driving it for the past few weeks with no issues. Left home in PA yesterday and made the 5.5hr drive to West Virginia, truck ran flawlessly the whole way, all temps normal, fuel press was normal. I parked the truck and went into work, came back to it a few hours later and she won't start. It cranks a while longer than normal and I get 1 little fire out of it and then nothing. I have a minimaxx but there's no CEL. I have plenty of fuel getting to the top fuel filter, I tried to retune, checked the number 72 fuse and I'm getting nowhere. Any help or input would be greatly appreciate as my truck that I just dumped 10k into sits here in the boonies of WV. Thanks

Gary

Reaction score
Just because there is no CEL doesn't mean there are no codes, scan it and see what codes you have and see what you have for rail pressure.

Trohrer01

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Truck is near Mineral Wells WV. According to the h&s im getting 0.0 rail pressure even while cranking. Ill check again tomorrow to see if it threw any codes but last time I looked there weren't any. Hopefully ill be able to get ahold of my mechanic tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Trohrer01

Reaction score
Well I found out what the problem was. Kept showing a p0341 cam position code that I hadn't noticed before. Didn't think much of it at first because I was sure it was a fuel issue and I also couldn't find anything online about anyone having an issue with the cam sensors on 6.4s. but since the code kept showing up every time I cleared it I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace it and eliminate one possible problem. To my surprise I got a new sensor installed this morning and the truck fired right up, thank god!... Anyway I wanted to share the experience especially since this issue seems to be very uncommon and hard to find information about but apparently cam positions do go bad on these trucks, its just rare. Thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Members online