Need help in Utah!!!

TWEETER

Reaction score
Aight guys, I got an 05 6.0. I had a coolant leak so I stripped it down to the intake manifold and replaced the doughnut o-ring in the front. I didn't take the intake all the way off cause I didn't want to take the turbo out. It sat apart for a few months cause I didn't have time to finish it and the navy sent me out of state for awhile. So I put it back together last monday and tues. When I got it all done it was still leaking and then the fuel regulater on the front of the fuel filter housing was leaking and I STILL had a coolant leak. Not sure if it's the same leak or what. Anybody have any idea's and is there anyone around layton that could give me a hand so I can get this think back on the road in the next couple days???? Need it back for my dd!!!! I would appreciate any help I could get. I would take it to a shop but I don't know a good one and I really can't afford shop prices. But I could pay you a lil for helping or whatever you would like with in reason. Let me know please!!!!

Tweeter

G Racing

Reaction score
The coolant leak could be coming from the heater hose, the o-ring on the hard metal line that goes to the heater hose, the water pump, thermostat gasket. You will just have to look real good and find the source. When you took the fuel lines off did you make sure that the o-rings for the fuel lines were still there? One could have fallen out or split. Hope ya find the issue and get it running.

TWEETER

Reaction score
The fuel looks like it is coming from the gasket between the regulator and the bowl, not from a line.... The coolant leaks into the valley and then drips off the the back of the motor and hits the ground under the passenger side. Does that help at all?? And it's not coming from the egr delete either!!!

G Racing

Reaction score
Sounds like the fuel leak will be the gasket. The coolant leak, If its in the valley it should be easy to find. climb up there and look at the egr delete, return line to the degas tank, and the cover of the oil cooler.

slc dzl

Reaction score
I agree on the gasket being the fuel leak and if you cant find the coolant leak message me and I could come give you a hand.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Ok I will look at that tomorrow!! Should I just get OEM when it comes to the gasket n what not!!!

slc dzl

Reaction score
Might want to look at the blue spring upgrade, the kit is about $70 and comes with a new gasket.
But if you just want to replace the gasket ford sells them.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Where can I find that kit slc dzl??? You can probably expect to hear from me cause I have been at a loss so far on this thing!!!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out that EGR delete. Like G Racing said, crawl up there and take a peak. Only so many thing is can be in the valley. It could be the hose connecting the oil cooler to the sinister kit.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Well I have been lookin and still can't figure it out. I looked at the egr return. It seems like it starting on the right side of the valley tho.

Mdub707

Reaction score
You don't have to buy that whole kit, you can get just the updated fuel spring and the o-ring. P/N: 6E7Z-9C165-B

Says suggested retail is $70, but I see Tousley has it for $38. You can check with Sunrise Ford, a sponsor here too, they've got great prices... though it sounds like you need it quicker.

The P/N For JUST the o-ring is 3C3Z-9C065-AA from what I can tell

G Racing

Reaction score
unless it is spraying out of the thermostat housing or leaking down from the degas tank the only other thing on that side would be the oil cooler cover.

TWEETER

Reaction score
Well I fixed the fuel leak and it turns out that is was only fuel leaking. I did fix the coolant leak. It was just leaking so much fuel it made it seam like the coolant was still leaking too. Now I got some sort of grinding or vibration while I am driving. I think it my be the down pipe not seated properly or the ficm cause I don't have the screws in the back two holes cause I seem to have lost the bracket to go over the holes or somethin. I have no clue where it would have gone. But I drilled out a big enough hole in a hose clamp and use that for now but the noise is still there. Not quite as bad but still there. I def think it is coming from the passenger side tho. I hope it's not bearings or nothing grinding. UGH!!! One thing after another!!!!!

TWEETER

Reaction score
I will be making a bracket piece for the ficm tomorrow. Still have the noise and I am at a total loss at what the noise is. Guess its goin to the shop so they can figure out what it is and then I can fix it!! ANY ideas what it could be anyone????

Latest posts

Members online