Need help. Mystery knock.

Dreadnought

Reaction score
Alright here's the issue. I am hearing a knocking sound from the engine only when the truck is in drive but not accelerating (like at a stoplight). As soon as I apply fuel or switch to park the sound goes away. I'm almost positive that I'm experiencing some kind of fueling issue, possibly an injector on the way out? I've tried adjusting fuel pressure and I've changed the filter. The sound will also occur regardless of the tune I'm running. The sound comes and goes, I won't hear it for a day or two and then it will start again. Anyone here experience anything similar. I appreciate the help guys

woodduck97

Reaction score
Could be the TC but you could still hear that as you got moving. It does still make this noise even in the stock postion of the chip? Maybe run a heavy treatment of injector cleaner to make sure the tips are clean.

Dreadnought

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Once I begin accelerating, the knocking sound immediately ceases. Yes, it still makes the sound in the stock position. I have tried Lucas injector cleaner once, I may try it again.

woodduck97

Reaction score
It maybe something in the injector but hard to tell. You would have to almost have a break out box or unplug one by one till the sound goes away to narrow the problem down.

moose99psd

Reaction score
i couldnt hear my torque converter when i was driving only at a stop. my money is on tq converter. if you in a drive through does it make a sound like rocks in a tin coffee can rattling around?

moose99psd

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Once I begin accelerating, the knocking sound immediately ceases. Yes, it still makes the sound in the stock position. I have tried Lucas injector cleaner once, I may try it again.

dont run that garbage, get some schaeffers, ive run just about all addatives and the schaeffers is by far the best. we get it here in a 1 gallon container and it treats upto 1k gallons for 30 bucks, i use it every fill up and the truck loves it.

Latest posts