need help!!! p0087 and p0232

Kctk

Reaction score
alright guys for the last thousand miles or so I have been having a fueling issue. People have told me HPFP and also LPFP as well as its just my FRP Sensor. My truck will run fine and its happened three times now where I will be driving down the highway at 60-65mph and my truck sputters and shuts off. I let it sit for a few minutes, prime the system and it will fire up again. My fuel pressure at idle is around 4.5K PSI and will still hit 24.5K PSI and WOT. Any ideas? anyone had a similar problem?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
most likely its the harness to the hpfp, the older ones didnt have guarding around the wires and it will rub on the block and short out and kill the engine. Sometimes able to restart othertimes it wont.

When it happens does the rail pressure just fall to 0? It could also be the lpfp, need to put a guage on the fuel cooler to verify what its doing. should be 5psi all the time

SootRoller

Reaction score
Yeah. Sounds like the hfcm. The 232 is a secondary fuel pump circuit high if I remember correctly. Normally an open in the windings of the pump itself. Last one I had I actually beat on the pump with a hammer until it showed it's face. Ohm'd out the pump and ofl. It was intermittent as well. The 232 will be the root cause of the 87 code.

Kctk

Reaction score
Alright guys thank you. I'm looking to tear I to it tomorrow, any tips or hints on what to check first?

Also when it dies it will sputter and drop to 1-2 psi then it may come back for a second then drop to 0 and die

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.