Need help with a few DTC's

Pigman

Reaction score
Took my truck to the shop the other day to run a diagnostic scan and it came up with the following codes:

66938947-67E0-42F0-81CD-2F61CC3A01B1_zpsos4b5toh.jpg

P1501 - My mechanic told me that the VSS could be triggered by oversized tires (35's) and there's probably nothing to worry about.

P0721 - After doing some research online it sounds like the OSS is triggered by harsh shifting. After I got tunes from Gearhead a couple months ago, the new economy tune shifts very harsh from 2nd to 3rd gear and also shifts rough when going up hills.

P1211 - I found that this can be caused by running a hot tune. I've done quite a few WOT runs in my highest tune from Gearhead so I'm assuming this would be enough to throw this code?

The other codes I have no idea what might have caused them. After what I described above, do y'all think the chip and oversized tires are probably what caused those three codes? If not, what else might have triggered them? What might have triggered the other codes that I did not address? Do any of those codes lead y'all to believe that the truck may not be safe to drive?

If it helps, I took the to the shop to have it scanned because the CEL came on last Tuesday after they changed my oil and has not gone off since. For a few days now I've been getting a bad vibration in the cab mainly around 50-60 MPH. It is not as bad at lower speed and it pretty much goes away upward of 60 MPH. It also mostly goes away when I let off the throttle but as soon as I press the pedal again the vibration comes back.

Arisley

Reaction score
ICP is probably a HPOP that can't keep up.

Do a buzz test, I bet you have a couple bad injectors. That will cause a miss and rough running.

Latest posts

Members online